• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Worth Getting?

In my attempt to trick out my 3DS with every Nintendo game possible, I have come across Shadow Dragon. I really want to get into Fire Emblem but from what I hear Shadow Dragon is very shallow and unimpressive. Is it worth getting? I've tried finding a copy in my town and have had absolutely no luck. My only option is Amazon but the cheapest I can find is around 28 bucks (so basically a new DS game). Since I am very broke, I need to know if it's a game I should look into getting or not. Also, please note that I hate RPGs and tactical games (because tactics are something I lack) but this one for some reason has my full attention, most likely because it's a first party franchise.

I've played a few different Fire Emblem games, with my favorites being the console ones. By comparison, I think Shadow Dragon is all right. When I can't play FE10/FE9, it gives me my Fire Emblem fix for a little while, but to be perfectly honest, there's not nearly as much there as far as story/character development goes. I don't like other tactics game, either, but I loved the Wii/GC Fire Emblems, so much that I've played FE9 about four times, and FE10 about eight! Shadow Dragon is all right, IMO, and it has a few things over the other games - it does have a map save feature which isn't as useful as battle saves in FE10, but way more useful than FE9. You can also alter/forge an already existing weapon, which is better than the forging system in the other two games and allows you to create extremely powerful weapons. All in all, I like it. Not as much as the other two games, but it's not as bad as I think people tend to say it is.

Also, please note that I hate RPGs and tactical games (because tactics are something I lack)

I don't really like those types of games either, but theres something about Fire Emblem that makes it fun and worth playing. I'm currently playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon right now and it's very good at the moment. There are loads of features in this Game that are really good (I won't name them due to spoilers) it has a very good story and it really makes you want to play more. So if you really want a game that is enjoyable, (and you like Marth from Super Smash Bros. :xd:) then Shadow Dragon is worth getting, I admit it's kinda boring to start with but as you progress it gets more interesting.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is not the best game in the franchise but it is certainly an excellent one and at the very least worth a rental. The story and animations may not be the best the series has to offer, however, the rich gameplay is present. While it is a turn based strategy game, Shadow Dragon has the special quality that makes it different than most. It's more accessible than the majority out there which seems contradictory especially considering the fact that all character deaths are permanent. If you had the choice to buy any game in the franchise, however, I'd suggest Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Also, while we're on the topic of the 3DS, definitely purchase super Mario 3D Land as well as Mario Kart 7 if you haven't already. They are literally dozens of hours of fun and diverse gameplay.

Thanks. I have all the major 3DS titles and I think I'll buy Shadow Dragon since I only have a 3DS and not a GBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom