• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Fi the New Navi?

Is Fi annoying?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never found Navi annoying, maybe just when she tells the basics, but Fi did annoy me a bit when i what to read about an enemy or get a hint and she tells me about low batteries (which I had for about 50% of the time) or low hearts.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I detect a 92% chance that Skyward Sword is a Zelda game.

Hearing pointless statistics about obvious stuff all game is not what i want in a sidekick, and offering to analyze something for dowsing after im almost done collecting it is less than helpful. While Fi did give me some good insight into the bosses, I think Nintendo could've done MUCH better. Though I do like her development at the end.

I thought Fi was the most useful sidekick. She always had useful information, and when it wasn't useful (Master, you're hearts are running low) it was easily ignored. Navi was annoying as hell, always said the same thing over and over again, and was even worse in OoT3D, every ten minutes she'd tell you to take a break and rest your eyes -_-

I hate her japanese autotuned voice
It's actually not Japanese. It's just... gibberish. Same as Midna, just more autotune. :xd: I liked it fine, but I'll admit it wasn't the most graceful sounding thing in the world. They probably should have toned down its harshness, keeping the autotune sound a little but making it lighter. It would have fit her better anyway, because she was supposed to be beautiful. "Youthful in form", as Gaepora put it, but also it's implied by her dancing and... well, the fact that she sings. :bleh:

It REALLY annoyed me when my remote batteries were low because there would always be this Ding-Ding sound and it annoyed the crap out of me

A

Albo

do i find her annoying? slightly. she make up for it in other aspects though with the humor, the info about nps's, enemies, her design, her advice, rumors, summary and so on. some statisitcs and hints i felt that we were forced to hear were uneccesary but hey it's 2011, there's more casual gamers than ever and they are a huge part of the market that need to be catered to. she was created by hylia after all to ensure link is succesful in his quest so all the hints and statistics fit into the context of the character.

Maffiline

nirorlei
I personally loved Fi. She's really helpful for me, except when she's ironic ("Look for flames in this area." Fi, there's flames everywhere.), when she states the obvious, and when she's telling you your heart gauge is low. My exception to my hearts being low is that sometimes I'll not pay attention I thought it was really sweet how she tells you your Wiimote's batteries are low/on one bar, because personally I don't pay attention to that when I play other games and then BAM. My Wiimote dies mid-game.
It was also cool when Fi told you about the enemies, and sometimes when she gave tips to defeat them. I like how Fi dances/skates when she's telling you a memory that resurfaced in her memory.

L

LinkGreenCap

I thought it was funny when Fi said, Master, the batteries in your Wii Remote are almost depleted. Replace them soon. Link doesn't use a Wii Remote. :/ :p

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Fi as a character is better than Navi, but I find her just as annoying, although if you do actually need information, Fi does a much better job giving it to you.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I always found navi annoying but at least she gives up on trying to tell you something... For maybe two seconds then it's back to the "HEY HEY HEY LISTEN HEY HEY HEY!!!"
Fi just takes on a spock like persona and i don't like it. Only because I am a HUGE Spock fan.
though she is super super helpfull at the begining and stuff, though when she tells me things that i already know kinda annoys me. espcialy when i'm in the middle of a fight, I sheath my sword so you can tell me my hearts are low then right after you are done they smack the crap out of me and kills me!
though not wanting to play the game because of her?? no never i'll just ignore her and keep on keeping on.. lol

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Fi is not the new Navi for me because, well Navi has a special place in my heart. And I don't think Fi is annoying, nor does Navi. I just think of it like the game is just trying to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom