• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sony Is Concord The Biggest Modern Gaming Failure?

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I cannot think of a game that has failed as hard in recent years as Sony's hero shooter Concord. The game just released on August 23rd, and it's already shutting down on September 6th, only half a month later.

Players who purchased the game will be offered a refund.

Is there any game that has failed on this level in gaming in recent times?

And what do you think of Concord if you've played it?

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
Cyberpunk 2077 launch was pretty bad.

Scarlet and Violet had bugs too but I had tons of customers asking for it anyway.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Cyberpunk 2077 launch was pretty bad.

Scarlet and Violet had bugs too but I had tons of customers asking for it anyway.
Cyberpunk and Scarlet/Violet did launch in terrible states, but millions of people still bought them. Heck, Pokemon consistently sells tens of millions of copies despite the Switch games launching in what feel like half-finished states.

For comparison: Cyberpunk 2077 launched on with 225k concurrent users on Steam alone.

Concord launched with 660 and it only went down from there. As of half an hour ago there were 45 people playing Concord on Steam.

Ashley the Witch

Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown.
ZD Champion
Reminds me of the original version of Final Fantasy 14, I believe? Where they re-released the game with completely new online servers shortly after it's initial release.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Reminds me of the original version of Final Fantasy 14, I believe? Where they re-released the game with completely new online servers shortly after it's initial release.
It's worse I'm afraid.

The amount of people that bought and played the game can probably get their refunds issued in one chatroom.

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
Well, I've never even heard of Concord until now. Then again, I live under a rock. Just like Patrick Star.
For every Concord, there's probably countless other canceled games that never see the light of day that we don't hear about.

Someone should make a game based on the boulder-driving pioneers from Pizza Delivery though. Then you will feel blessed to live under that rock!

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
For every Concord, there's probably countless other canceled games that never see the light of day that we don't hear about.

Someone should make a game based on the boulder-driving pioneers from Pizza Delivery though. Then you will feel blessed to live under that rock!
Like the Kotor Remake.. whimpers.. will that ever get out of development hell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom