• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Is AC:NH handling the 'egg event' well?

Threads relating to the Animal Crossing series.
AC:NH news is the major buzz for Nintendo fans at the moment and currently the game is enjoying its first event, an egg event for the Easter period.

However not everyone is happy. People are complaining that the event has gone far too overboard with the amount of eggs players receive.

Fishing nets you eggs, shooting down presents nets you eggs, digging nets you eggs, chopping trees nets you eggs, mining rocks nets you eggs, shaking trees nets you eggs...

When you fish up an egg it doesn't go towards your fishing total and it is frustrating players who are trying to grind those Nook Miles.

Are you having egg problems in AC:NH or are you enjoying the festivities?

Last edited:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
The eggs are way too easy to find and have little use. The only thing they are good for is making the furniture and clothes, and they're all ugly. The sky, leaf, and earth one's don't bother me that much, because it doesn't feel like I'm getting those instead of other resources. But the wood, stone, and water eggs are so annoying to deal with when I'm looking for fish/wood/stone.

I feel like they could have used the eggs differently than just using them to make resources. Part of me wishes we could turn them into Zipper for recipes instead of finding recipes on the beach/balloons. That way I would actually feel like I could do SOMETHING as I get them.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah no the Eggs are pissing me right off, annoying as hell to be trying to get fish or wood towards a project or nook miles and boom nope it's an egg and don't get counted. I wouldn't mind if it was just balloons on trees and diggables but all else is annoying as hell

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
The eggs are so overly abundant it's stupid. This game already forces you to grind to get anywhere so now this is just one more thing that prevents me from getting enjoyment out of the game. They should just be like the buried bells where a special light coming out of the ground indicates what it is.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly I agree with most here in that they are way too common. I was able to craft every recipe for Bunny Day and it's only the third day of the event. That's kind of ridiculous for a 12-day event. So now for the next nine days I'm going to be harassed by unwanted eggs and the annoyingly frequent balloon sound when I'm just trying to live my life.

Having said that, this also happens to be my least favorite season event in AC as a series, anyway. I really hope they continue to go this hard with Halloween and Harvest Day. That would make me really happy.

Quin

Disaster Master
This event would be fine like, half a year in or something. Now though, a lot of people actually still need wood and fish, so I get why people are annoyed. I don't have those troubles anymore so I kinda like it, but the furniture is super ugly though. This event helped me get the golden slingshot really fast too, although it ain't anything to write him about in this game.

The 12 day thing is a big improvement to events like this too, I just hope they change it up with the next events. I don't wanna fish or chop wood for christmas pressents.

Even after crafting one of everything I still have so many eggs I could keep my neighbors all fed on omelettes for weeks.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm glad they patched the egg spawn rates, but they really should have patched the rate at which villagers will tell you the exact same spiel about finding eggs in rocks and trees. I am sick of it coming up every other conversation. It's driving me nuts. I love talking to my villagers a lot, so it's really annoying when all any of them talk about is Bunny Day things.

funnier6

Courage~
I actually really like the eggs tbh, at least once I discovered you can make a fortune selling some of the rarer outfits. I love to use excess eggs to make egg outfits and gift them to my villagers and they pay well for them. I really like being rewarded for doing different things even if it’s a little tedious and annoying, I would rate it higher than past Easter events at the very least. (My biggest complaint would be that I haven’t been able to find gold nuggets for basically the entire duration)

Quin

Disaster Master
I can't believe they let them stay during this fishing tourney. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The tourney as a whole is a let down itself too. I miss the old one.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
It's over! It's over! Thank heavens it's over.

Conclusion: Nope, it was not handled well at all imo. You could say that the idea itself - finding rare items to craft unique furniture, holds some water, but the eggs were far too frequent and undermined the resource gathering aspect of the game, that's so important for particularly newcomers.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
While it was annoying to find them everywhere all the time, I am glad we no longer have just one day to grind it cuz that was always annoying in the past. I would have to break my no time travel rule cuz of Easter being a family time day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom