• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is a 2015 release plausible?

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Its coming 2015.
No they should not take longer to release it. It should come this year. A 4 year development cycle is long enough to make a great game. Take too long and the game can end up being not worth the wait.

I would wait a 5th year if it meant a more refined experience overall. On the other hand, longer doesn't always mean better. Skyward Sword took 5 years to make, but the game wasted time on things that didn't matter.

Aonuma seems confident with the game being released some time this year (I'm guessing around Q4), so I guess I'll take his word for it. Plus the recent show of the gameplay demo shows us that many aspects of the game look completed or near polished.

I just wish they would spoil us with a bit more info about it, such as the story and whatnot.

With how the Wii U is struggling, Nintendo will prioritize getting Zelda Wii U out for the holiday season just as they did Smash Bros. 4 Wii U last year. The game looks rather polished last we saw it, so the last few months of the four year development cycle will probably be used for minor touch-ups.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
With how the Wii U is struggling, Nintendo will prioritize getting Zelda Wii U out for the holiday season just as they did Smash Bros. 4 Wii U last year. The game looks rather polished last we saw it, so the last few months of the four year development cycle will probably be used for minor touch-ups.
With those nasty frame rate drops, I'd say they should take more time refining the game. Touch ups won't do.

With those nasty frame rate drops, I'd say they should take more time refining the game. Touch ups won't do.

60 FPS is the recent Nintendo standard. If new games, like Super Mario 3D World, and remakes, such as The Wind Walker HD, can run at a constant 60 frames per second, I have no doubt the final Zelda Wii U product will too. Nintendo isn't one to slap down a release date before a game is ready, only to delay it. Yoshi's Wooly World was announced in early 2013, and it still has no release date.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Game Mania in my hometown already had their pre order now signs up around Christmas. I'm not that stupid. I don't care if I have to wait another year. As long as the game is going to be good I won't mind. And people can get impatient and mad all they like but if a game is not ready yet what can you do? Grab a magic wand and speed the proces or suddenly stop being a fan?

Honestly, I want Nintendo to develop the game for another year because if there's one thing I don't want to see is a rushed game. Besides, 2016 is the series' 30th anniversary, so it makes sense that they'll release Zelda U around that year.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I would wait a 5th year if it meant a more refined experience overall. On the other hand, longer doesn't always mean better. Skyward Sword took 5 years to make, but the game wasted time on things that didn't matter.

It would be the same again here. It should not, i repeat NOT take 5 year development cycle to make a great game. Any big developer taking that long is simply lacking focus and direction. SS changed so much from what it was originally going to be. I am sure if they had stuck with the original plan we would have got a great product still and not have had to wait so long for a Zelda game and end up dissapointed because it wasn't great enough to justify the wait.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Depends on the size and scope of the game, and if the studio is working on other projects along side of it. The 5 year cycle worked very well for GTA V. I'd say 6 years is the cap ; at that point, it approaches development hell.

Curious: What was SS originally intended to be?

given that skyward sword came out in 2011 i think it is very possible that zelda u could come out in 2015 if it does i will be waiting to get it

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
See the thing is, people say "but if it releases in 2016 it will be a better game!" Not necessarily, yes there is a thing called a game being rushed but there is also something called "overcooked" a lot of people that were super hyped for Twilight Princess were disappointed because it wasn't the same game they saw in 2004-2005, a lot was changed and taken out and it wouldn't of been if it kept it's Holiday 2005 release and a lot of the changes were made in 2006.

Zelda Wii U could be almost done for all we know, the game has been in development in 2011 even before Skyward Sword released so by the time Zelda Wii U releases it will be 4+ years in development, probably almost 5 when the game releases this November.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
See the thing is, people say "but if it releases in 2016 it will be a better game!" Not necessarily, yes there is a thing called a game being rushed but there is also something called "overcooked" a lot of people that were super hyped for Twilight Princess were disappointed because it wasn't the same game they saw in 2004-2005, a lot was changed and taken out and it wouldn't of been if it kept it's Holiday 2005 release and a lot of the changes were made in 2006.

Zelda Wii U could be almost done for all we know, the game has been in development in 2011 even before Skyward Sword released so by the time Zelda Wii U releases it will be 4+ years in development, probably almost 5 when the game releases this November.

1) TP would've been glitchy if it was released in 2005. Then people complain about that.

2) TP IS the same game people saw in 2004 and 2005, 2005 especially. Fans NEVER saw the WHOLE game until 2006, so how do you know it wasn't the same game?

3) TP was delayed three times, only, the first time was NOT because of the Wii like the other two were.

4) TP was NOT overcooked. TP was perfect the way it released at that time. There is nothing with game as it is now. There was a LOT taken out of OoT that I wish they would've kept, like one of those nice beta Hylian Shield designs, do you see me complaining, saying OoT was "overcooked"? NO!

5) I still stand by the idea that Zelda U will be the game we want if it was released next year!

6) We STILL don't even have a title/logo for the game yet, not even a tentative one! Plus, not mention, it seems Nintendo is following this pattern where they only show Zelda U every six months! That's HALF of a freaking YEAR, you know!

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
1) TP would've been glitchy if it was released in 2005. Then people complain about that.

2) TP IS the same game people saw in 2004 and 2005, 2005 especially. Fans NEVER saw the WHOLE game until 2006, so how do you know it wasn't the same game?

3) TP was delayed three times, only, the first time was NOT because of the Wii like the other two were.

4) TP was NOT overcooked. TP was perfect the way it released at that time. There is nothing with game as it is now. There was a LOT taken out of OoT that I wish they would've kept, like one of those nice beta Hylian Shield designs, do you see me complaining, saying OoT was "overcooked"? NO!

5) I still stand by the idea that Zelda U will be the game we want if it was released next year!

6) We STILL don't even have a title/logo for the game yet, not even a tentative one! Plus, not mention, it seems Nintendo is following this pattern where they only show Zelda U every six months! That's HALF of a freaking YEAR, you know!

1. I don't see how it would of been glitchy, the reason why it got delayed till 2006 was because they wanted the Wii version. If they wanted to keep it GameCube exclusive and left it as a 2005 release it wouldn't of been glitchy.

2. I'm not talking about the story, I'm talking about the places we saw, the forest, dungeon area, the way we fought Armogohma was not in the final version.

3. I went back to check the list of delays, it was first delayed on August 22nd, 2005 and confirmed to be a 2006 release, and then people assumed a March release and it was confirmed it would have a Holiday 2006 release, the GameCube version got delayed a few weeks in order to let the Wii version sell.

4. I'm not saying Twilight Princess was a bad game, I LOVED TP, I'm just saying how a lot of other people think and how it seems, an over cooked game doesn't mean a bad game.

5. But why though? The game will have almost 5 years of development by the time it releases, that's really long for a game. Just because a game is longer in development doesn't mean it will make it a better game, take Duke Nukem Forever as an example.

6. Your also a Zelda fan, you should know not to use the "But we don't even have a title yet!" Excuse, when Twilight Princess was originally going to release in 2005 we didn't have the title until E3 2005, A Link Between Worlds was announced April 2013, but we didn't have the title of it until E3 2013 and then it released November 2013.

Not having an official title yet means nothing.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
1. I don't see how it would of been glitchy, the reason why it got delayed till 2006 was because they wanted the Wii version. If they wanted to keep it GameCube exclusive and left it as a 2005 release it wouldn't of been glitchy.

2. I'm not talking about the story, I'm talking about the places we saw, the forest, dungeon area, the way we fought Armogohma was not in the final version.

3. I went back to check the list of delays, it was first delayed on August 22nd, 2005 and confirmed to be a 2006 release, and then people assumed a March release and it was confirmed it would have a Holiday 2006 release, the GameCube version got delayed a few weeks in order to let the Wii version sell.

4. I'm not saying Twilight Princess was a bad game, I LOVED TP, I'm just saying how a lot of other people think and how it seems, an over cooked game doesn't mean a bad game.

5. But why though? The game will have almost 5 years of development by the time it releases, that's really long for a game. Just because a game is longer in development doesn't mean it will make it a better game, take Duke Nukem Forever as an example.

6. Your also a Zelda fan, you should know not to use the "But we don't even have a title yet!" Excuse, when Twilight Princess was originally going to release in 2005 we didn't have the title until E3 2005, A Link Between Worlds was announced April 2013, but we didn't have the title of it until E3 2013 and then it released November 2013.

Not having an official title yet means nothing.

1) According to my experience, the game was delayed THREE times. The first time game was delayed was in 2005, a retail store/distributor told me of a Spring 2006 release. I've actually been in the store to see that game was originally delayed for Spring. And, PLEASE, for LOVE of GOD, do NOT pull the stupid "fiscal year" excuse like this other idiot did. As we ALL should know, distributors/retail stores get their release date knowledge from OFFICIAL sources. A distributor/retail store, especially a distributor/retail store who worked with a game company for at least more than four years would NOT give out a release date if it was NOT from an OFFICIAL source.

2) I know, but at least we something similar to original beta TP ghoma fight with the rocktite fight in ST.

3) Again, same as 1. TP was delayed THREE times!

- First delay = Spring 2006, game wasn't finished or not stable enough yet, therefore delay has NOTHING to do with the WII!!!
- Second delay = Fall 2006, game still wasn't quite 'Nintendo' ready yet AND because of the Wii!
- Third and final delay = Holiday 2006, because of the Wii wasn't ready quite yet.

The first delay had NOTHING to do with Wii! The Wii wasn't even announced yet at the time of the first delay, therefore, the Wii port could NOT have even been planned yet!

4) I understand, I just wouldn't like to use the term "overcooked", especially for good games, it just makes it sound bad to me. In the words of the wise Iwata, "please understand". :)

5) Um, 2011 + 5 does NOT equal 2015, that equals 2016 NOT 2015. Seriously dude, don't you know how to count? The game would be at almost four years of development in Holiday 2016. And no, four years does NOT always mean finished, Ryse: Son of Rome was in a SEVEN year development and it was made by multiple massive teams of people! That is a LOT time and a LOT people. Not to mention, Ryse was SHORT linear chapter to chapter game. Most of the hard work on Ryse went towards the graphics and HD effects, plus to make sure the game was stable and had a good gameplay experience. Nintendo might be trying to get Zelda Wii U out as soon as they can but at the same time, Nintendo also wants Zelda Wii U to be a GREAT experience, so they also want the game to perfect and be as stable as possible. Zelda Wii U is going to be a very BIG game as it already has a massive overworld. Heck, may I add that MM 3D has been in development for three years and several months and that's a REMAKE with the SAME engine as OoT 3D! OoT 3D was in development for at most, 2 years think, at least the engine was anyways, so all together, that's about the same as MM 3D, counting the game engine. MM 3D was actually finished sometime in 2013 but Aonuma wanted more time for these reasons:

a. He wanted the remake to be the game that he wanted the original to be but perhaps better in his current perspective.

b. To make sure the remake is great experience for everyone, not just veterans.

c. To make sure the game runs smooth and stable on the 3DS.

d. The New 3DS.

Anyways back to Zelda Wii U. The game has a new structure, new graphics, and a new engine. That being said, the game should still be in it's Alpha stage for a game that BIG.

6) The game doesn't even have a tentative logo. We don't even know when this game takes place or what it's even about, not even the basics. We only know what only one part of Hyrule looks like, what the map looks like what Link looks like, what/who Link's ride is and looks like, what some of the monsters look like, and how some of the gameplay works. Not to mention, we've only seen ONE area and Link wondering around with his horse slaying monsters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom