• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Insane New Ideas for Zelda Wii

Majora's Wrath

Dont get on his bad side.
Lets hear em'. What are some really creative and unique ideas that can be implemented in the new zelda game that we're all going to see at e3 this year? They might just have a chance at being true. Don't be shy.

Here's some of mine:

-You start off with all of the items (bombs, bow & arrow etc...) which allows the game to actually be challenging at the beginning and progressively get harder as new items are introduced)
-Some people that become your friends with (ex. saria or king of red lions) becomes evil and tries to kill you when under the new villain's powers
-There could be opt. temples that are located in a ranch, a 10 story building, abandoned warehouse or the remains (or pre-versions) of some temples used in OoT or MM

The entire game will be in 2D.

Just kidding, of course. Anyways, here are my radical ideas:
- Link grows up in a forest, like in OoT, but later on, when he's older, he has to burn the entire place down to prevent an extremely powerful boss from escaping out into the rest of Hyrule.
- In the beginning, you get to choose which weapon you want (out of an axe, a spear, or a sword) and that's the kind of weapon you use the entire game (thanks to Fahxy for that idea.)
- At a certain point in the game, Link has to use siege weapons to destroy an enemy castle.
- There will be a Water Temple which will be even harder than the one in OoT (which is impossible =P.)

That's all I can think up.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I think I'll add some crazies to this list.

- Make this Link the one from MM/OoT and give him all items that he previously had. (You know that has NEVER happened before.)
- Link has to fight off a dinosaur to keep it from ravaging Hyrule Castle.
- Hidden dungeons that are unlocked after beating the Final Storyline Boss.
- Items that aren't useful at first, but get used a lot more often as the game progresses.
- A magic bar with 4x the length of Wind Waker's.

I

Irukandji

Ok...

Back before TP came out, I had this wonderful idea...an idea that brings us back to the roots of Links childhood and adds a sense of being rewarded and suprise to the game. I hoped that a Nintendo employee would stumble on it and add it into the game. Unfortunately that did not happen...so here it is:

SEEDS....seeds that you plant, and harvest...and grow magical things! Imagine traversing the lands of Hyrule...and doing mini quests for seeds that are needed to a) Craft Weapons b) Create Potions etc.... Now, I know what many of you are thinking...Farmville in Zelda! No effing way!....but the truth is people....Link IS a farmer! Why not add that fortay to his everyday life in Zelda? Imagine starting a quest in which the quest giver asks you to seek out a distant cave in the northern icy plains...and to bring back the seed of a rare plant that when burned and mixed with a special liquid can create a added feature to your current weapon. Imagine planting this seed in your garden just outside your home in Hyrule....there is more to this than it seems.

Every seed you pick up appears as a question mark....an unknown seed. You plant the seed in your garden...water it...go explore some more, conquer a dungeon, or even do some fishing and then return back to your farm to see what has grown. Will it be a special throned plant to add some cool effects to your weapons...or will a Deku Baba have grown and started eating all your other plants that surround it? Maybe some certain plants that you grown can attract Skullutulla Spiders or other rare enemies? You see where im going with this? It adds this complete element of suprise every time you turn on your Wii system and check your garden. With the growing popularity of Farmville...and considering Link IS a farmer...this would add a cool element to the game and be a real treat when you discover you have grown a rare plant that only grows from a rare seed that you found in a distant underground hidden cave filled with locusts. Maybe pouring different liquids on your plants will have different effects than water?

An entire seed system can be built on this foundation. There can be 1000 seeds in the game...some are normal seeds and create potions etc.....others are very rare seeds and can create some really wild stuff. Of course, you will need pots to plant your seeds. Pots can be attained by simply finding them, or by winning them in mini games etc. Your garden and cabin size can be increased by other methods as well. Anyway...its just an idea...be gentle and I hope you all understand where im coming from with this idea. I know most of us want to just go blazing through dungeons and killing things....but thats not all what Zelda is about. Its about exploring, being suprised and most of all connecting to the characters and really beleiving that they have lives and are living and breathing in a real world. Adding tons of dungeons and enemies will not achieve this. We need to care about the characters and their lives. Make Link have something else to do besides hunting and killing...and no...herding a couple goats was lame and just an excersize of the WiiMote IMO.

MY CRAZY IDEAS!
The game will be really challenging for us zelda veterans, it will surpass majoras mask in sidesquests, wind waker in unique graphics, dungeon count in a link to the past, graphics in twilight princess, and revolution in ocarina of time, now wouldn't that be a sweet game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
MY CRAZY IDEAS!
The game will be really challenging for us zelda veterans, it will surpass majoras mask in sidesquests, wind waker in unique graphics, dungeon count in a link to the past, graphics in twilight princess, and revolution in ocarina of time, now wouldn't that be a sweet game?
The only insane idea that I don't cope well with is the Unique Graphics. Sidequests + Dungeon count = EPIC SideDungeons! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom