• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Inconsistency of graphics

Sometimes they look fine when I climb mountains or are near them, other times I will notice huge polygons and parts of the mountains look PS1 type of blocky. Is this normal? Is there a way to fix that?

As you can see in the first pic it looks great, but in the second pic the polygons look huge.

Attachments

• 482D48DD-2D5C-4700-B803-5062ABEB2D89.jpeg
    482D48DD-2D5C-4700-B803-5062ABEB2D89.jpeg
    189.5 KB · Views: 10
Same, and honestly, PS1 graphics look worse than that second picture. If you've ever go back to playing a PS1, or even certain PS2 games after playing modern games for so long, you can clearly see how poorly textured they are in comparison, the second picture doesn't even come close to those type of graphics, in my opinion. I've played both modern and retro games almost half and half of the time. And there's a huge noticeable difference between the two. There's hardly a difference in these two pictures. Not trying to be mean, I know I came across that way. Maybe it's just a sense of nostalgia That causes people to remember the graphics being better back then. I know that was the case for me for a long time. But playing a game on standard definition is kind of cringe-worthy, until you get used to it again. However, most games nowadays uses a trick that was popularized by Insomniac games when creating Spyro. Using less polygons for further away objects and have them gain more as you get closer, allowing for less CPU usage. You got to remember, Nintendo is always lacking in the CPU department. As they don't believe it's necessary for higher graphics to make a good game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom