• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess In 2013, Which is Better, the Gamecube or Wii Version?

Wii or Gamecube Twilight Princess?

• Gamecube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Now before you go off and say this thread has been made before, those threads were from before Skyward Sword. Now that we have a definitive Wii Zelda title out of the way, which is better, the Wii or Gamecube version of Twilight Princess? I had the Gamecube version back in 2006, and then in 2012 I played through the Wii version 100%, now sadly I lost all my Wii memory and plan to just play Skyward Sword again once I buy a Wii U (when Zelda Wii U comes out). Now with Twilight Princess on the other hand....I'm thinking of leaning more towards the Gamecube version since i'd rather play the game with a...I guess you could say non-motion controller, I have a serious love for the Gamecube, and besides Twilight Princess I have the other 4 Zelda released titles on the Gamecube. Now don't get me wrong, the Wii version has the 16:9, more items at once, and free roam while you aim but i'm not sure if that means much to me compared to what the Gamecube offers. But this thread is basically, I want to know your opinion on the topic.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I've beaten both and I think the Gamecube is better, because the motion controls on the Wii version are just wildly swinging the Wiimote. If the controls were Motion+ then I'd say the Wii, but they weren't. It was silly.

The one thing I like better about the Wii controls is the ability to aim with the remote.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Honestly I have Twilight Princess on Dolphin for Wii as well as GC. The GC version outclasses the Wii version by far. I'll just list the bonuses that GC has over Wii:
- Better controls; no dealing with finnicky IR.
- No limits on Spin Attack (well the limit is how fast you can pull it off but still)
- Camera control which ultimately means a better view of the world
- Takes less time to load screens.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the immediate ones.

Kirino

Tatakae
I've beaten both and I think the Gamecube is better, because the motion controls on the Wii version are just wildly swinging the Wiimote. If the controls were Motion+ then I'd say the Wii, but they weren't. It was silly.

What's the difference between wildly swinging the Wiimote and mashing the B button?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Both control schemes are fully functional, though.

Depends on what you want to call functional. I thrust my Nunchaku forward just like the directions for the Shield Attack told me to do, guess what happened? A spin attack, of course. Even on Dolphin where controls are literally spot-on regarding nunchuck, it STILL gave me a spin attack on occasion. I wouldn't call those "fully functional".

GC on the other hand, you hit R to shield attack. Nothing else to it. There are no nuances to grasp or any random select because it's mapped to a single button rather than a gesture.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What's your point? OoT for the N64 and OoT for the 3DS both have fully functional controls but I find the 3DS to be better to play with. If the game is basically the same, you will pick the one with better controls.

The difference is OoT 3D enhanced the controls. TP Wii just translated them into motion. They both get their specific jobs done in an equal fashion. TP GCN probably feels more natural since, again, it was made with the GCN's controller in mind, but I don't see how you can say either scheme is objectively better than the other.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Which is better? Don't know, don't care. It's the same game. Which do I prefer? The Wii version. Honestly, the 16:9 display is the (gorgeous) reason I like it more. Play it on Wii U with HDMI to understand. There's also the interface with four items slots. I admire the camera controls in the GCN version, though.

Big Octo

=^)
I prefer the GC version. The motion controls in the Wii version felt real tacked-on, and left much room for improvement. I liked the traditional controls of the GC version much more. Also, that full camera control is pretty nifty.
also Link is left-handed in the GC version but that really doesn't matter...

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I like the Gamecube version the most. The controls are better (in my opinion). I'm not a fan of just swinging around a stick to swing a sword/spin attack. I feel like the buttons are better and more accurate because, from my experience, the game doesn't recognize my motions or something when I play the Wii version. I might just be doing it wrong though.

Wii version has the four items slots though.

Jiggly Jaws

Who is This Guy?
I like the GC better because I hate motion controls. Motion controls are evil incarnate in my opinion. They are twitchy and I usually find myself fighting the controls rather than the monsters. That is just me though.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm GC version is better in my opinion. To use the bow is a bit more challenging than in the Wii version. You really have to aim to get the right angle (in Temple of Time) and I like it everything is mirrored. Wii is more easier to use with weapons and in fights. So I go for the GC version to make it at least a bit more challenging

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom