• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Impa: Yay or Nay

SS Impa: Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Guys this is NOT about answers being valid or not. Again this is about our personal OPINIONS. Nobody needs to give a full explanation why he/she likes/dislikes Impa. Yes of course we like to hear a why and not a simple yes or no answer but not another explanation about the reasons being given.

Did I like Impa? Yes I did. I too hated her at first because of her being so horribly rude towards Link after all he went through but I liked her feisty spirit and her attitude to protect the princess at all costs. After all this was her duty to protect Zelda.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Guys this is NOT about answers being valid or not. Again this is about our personal OPINIONS. Nobody needs to give a full explanation why he/she likes/dislikes Impa. Yes of course we like to hear a why and not a simple yes or no answer but not another explanation about the reasons being given.

Vee, the forums are open to people giving thorough reasoning to their thoughts, as well as people giving their take on why those thoughts are accurate or not. It's all about opinions in the end, but denying people explanations is quite harsh.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Personally, Skyward Sword's Impa is one of the better characters the franchise has seen this past generation, fourth for me behind Midna, Byrne, and Groose.

SS Impa is a great throw back to the Sheikah of the same name in Ocarina of Time as well as one of the most stylized and surprising characters the franchise has ever seen. I had no clue there was a correlation between the old lady in the Sealed Grounds and the guardian Impa until very late in the game. It was definitely one of the best plot twists in a Nintendo game in recent memory.

I'd certainly appreciate seeing Impa's narrative further expounded in the future with additional details about the rest of the Sheikah tribe.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
...meh. I don't care for her at all. I kinda did in Ocarina of Time, but in Skyward Sword, no, not really. There were characters such as Groose I followed along to develop feelings for, but Impa? Nope. If she and her tribe died from the franchise, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

She's beautiful, intelligent, and quick. I believe her initial hostility towards Link is fated (possibly even planned by Hylia) to push him to prove his worth, inevitably resulting in a stronger, more focused, and more determined warrior.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've never cared or thought much about any Impa character, and this one is no exception. I still said "yay", because she is a good character. Certainly not my favorite or even close, but she was still a good character. She fit her role exceptionally well. Perhaps if we'd seen and heard more of her interactions with Zelda, I would've liked her more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom