• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I'm Setting Myself Up for Disappointment, As Far As Origin Stories Go

There's the rumor about Ghirahim becoming Ganon's trident
There's the idea that Groose founds/co-creates the Gerudo tribe
There's the hope that we will find out how the royal line is connected to Sheikahs

There are the even more far-fetched ideas linking to OoT, such as seeing the Deku Tree, Jabu Jabu, the creation of the Temple of Time, seeing Koume and Kotake as younger witches, seeing the original seven sages, Shadow Temple inside the Eldin Volcano...

I'm probably forgetting some things, but the point is I have a feeling half of this will not even be addressed :(

I really doubt we will see any references to the trident. The game is supposed to be a prequel to Ocarina and explain much of that game. Ganon never had a trident in that game, so this wouldn't make much sense....

But then again, Ghirahim's sword does look suspiciously like Ganon's trident in FSA. Its also strange how Ghirahim's cloak has three points at the end....

people who expect this game to explain everything about the Zelda lore, or even to connect directly everything in OoT, will get disappointed. For sure they are going deeper into the lore this time, making a lot of connections etc. which is great. But as Eiji said, gameplay and design comes first. As soon as a lore connection begin to hold their creativity back, be sure that they will just toss it way, without thinking twice.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I seriously don't understand why people think Groose has anything to do with the Gerudo tribe.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Rumors bro, just ignore them! Remember Zordiana!

I seriously don't understand why people think Groose has anything to do with the Gerudo tribe.

This game is gonna go into Ganondorf's origin story, yet he won't be in the game. Groose looks a bit like a Gerudo with the facial features and he has the eye and hair color of Ganondorf. Idk, it's pretty shaky evidence but I can see Groose being integral to this story in some way.

Whoa, I haven't heard that one about Koume/Kotake, but I would seriously love that! They are hundreds of years old, and if this game is hundreds of years before OoT . . . ding ding ding! :D I love how silly they were and who knows what it'd be like to see them even younger and with more energy xD Maybe even some easter egg about them wanting to have a child xD And I don't see why many of these things couldn't be addressed, the creators themselves said this game is gonna be huge, and with it being the 25th anniversary of the series, it's going to be full of content and include many, MANY things from all the other games!

Last edited:
There is no actual rumor of Koume and Kotake, I just think it would be a neat way to link back to Ganondorf without actually featuring him.

T

TriforceReviews

some of them look plausible and others not so much but nintendo has put in more game connections to cater to fans i belive.. i actually would love to see kotake and koume as kids and i belie the groose one is plausible to but the trident not so much

I think they could throw something in there that could suprise us. They are for sure keeping tons of exciting nastalgic throwback details to other games. We might see the windfish maybe fierce diety! Im not going to hope for specific things because then i might be setting myself up for disappointment. Just expect it to be great and to see tons of things that will surprise you.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This game is gonna go into Ganondorf's origin story, yet he won't be in the game. Groose looks a bit like a Gerudo with the facial features and he has the eye and hair color of Ganondorf. Idk, it's pretty shaky evidence but I can see Groose being integral to this story in some way.

Actually I've never heard that this will be related in any way to Ganondorf. Groose may be the closest reference we find about him, since he is in my view an iconic bully to Link in Ganon's stead. With that, Skyward Sword will focus on the origin of the Master Sword and the founding of the Royal Family...and possibly what will become of Skyloft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom