• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild I'm desperate .. (am I playing this wrong?!)

Towers open up the map for the area the tower is in and you don’t have to go back to a tower. Press the bar switch on top left your Switch Lite to open the map.

Press the plus switch on the top right and the L that will open the Quests etc. Always use B to close anything and to return to Link.

Talk to the black statue-Hateno-to exchange hearts to Stamina or vice versus. He will pay you 100 rupees for a Heart or Stamina but you will have to pay him 120 rupees to get a Heart or Stamina back.

Get as many Shrines done as you can find they give you the orbs to get Hearts or Stamina. if you get stuck there are plenty of walkthroughs online.

Talk to Purah (above Hateno) and get you Slate and Runes upgraded and learn how to use it.

The Blue flame is annoying. Best to sleep till next morning then try it. Watch out for enemies when getting Blue flame for Robbie best to plan your route and kill enemies then get the flame. Make sure you light all the lanterns as then you don’t have to go back to the source.

Shrines, Towers, Hearts and Stamina are the keys. Get as many side quests done as poss and get the memories done. Talk to Impa & Purah.
Above all have fun!

Glom that must be what I did. Duh Would have kept my heart. . When I get 200 rupees I go back. Thank you.
And I look in my Adventure log also.

I made a typo. The net cost is 20 rupees. He gives you 100 rupees when he takes something off you and you pay 120 rupees to get something back.

I am in Hateno Village. I am looking for the Black statue.
To try and get my heart back.
I can’t find it. Any help would be appreciate.
And does the game keep your side quest. Kinda like the Bombers Notebook in MM?
thanks

Come into Hateno under the gate where the chap challenged you the first time you entered.
Carry on a little then turn right and right again between two banks he’s there on the right.
If you go over a bridge to where some bods are knocking a house down (you can buy that house) you’ve missed the turn.

You sure? What does your adventure log say about it? Did you ask for a stamina vessel instead? You can use it to swap heart containers for stamina vessels at a net cost of 200 rupees.
Yes I got the extra stamina. I didn’t know what I was doing.
Now I am stuck in the shrine. That is there in the village. I am not very good at getting the ball to flip over.

The ball is tricky it’s a case of looking at the angles of the maze base, get ball in line then keep everything true tip it down get ball rolling & go for it-timing is critical as well! Perseverance is everything.
Don’t forget there is a chest in with the ball but you will have to get in there to get it!

You sure? What does your adventure log say about it? Did you ask for a stamina vessel instead? You can use it to swap heart containers for stamina vessels at a net cost of 200 rupees.
Yes I looked. I got my heart back. I di the heart more than stamina at the moment. Lol

The ball is tricky it’s a case of looking at the angles of the maze base, get ball in line then keep everything true tip it down get ball rolling & go for it-timing is critical as well! Perseverance is everything.
Don’t forget there is a chest in with the ball but you will have to get in there to get it!
I went for the Spirit Orb. Can I go back for the chest?
thanks

I was told, originally, that it’s best to go for Stamina to start with rather than hearts.
Try to get a double wheel of Stamina it’s a great help!
You can go to any Shrine you’ve opened and you don’t have to enter the Shrine if you don’t want to, if you open a new Shrine and find it’s a fight and you don’t have the strength or don’t fancy doing that yet you can leave the same way you went in and just use it as a warp point and come back later when you’re stronger To get the rewards.
Read the booklet on the table in the Stables, they give some good hints! The Rumour Mill.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I was told, originally, that it’s best to go for Stamina to start with rather than hearts.
Try to get a double wheel of Stamina it’s a great help!
You can go to any Shrine you’ve opened and you don’t have to enter the Shrine if you don’t want to, if you open a new Shrine and find it’s a fight and you don’t have the strength or don’t fancy doing that yet you can leave the same way you went in and just use it as a warp point and come back later when you’re stronger To get the rewards.
Read the booklet on the table in the Stables, they give some good hints! The Rumour Mill.

I think you could go for either and still be fine. You can compensate for either stat with meals in the form of temporary golden hearts or the stamina boosts, so nothing is ever really locked off if you choose one over the other.

I have always gone for at least an extra half wheel of Stamina as there is a lot or running about to start with!
I know you can replenish Stamina but it’s easier to have a bit extra.

I went hearts > stamina and did fine, but I tend to be more combat oriented. If you plan on doing running and climbing more than fighting, stamina is a good choice. If you're planning to fight through enemies, hearts are more useful since golden hearts stack on top of your max hearts.

Stamina vs hearts in the early game all comes down to if you want to spend more time exploring or fighting imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom