• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IGN Versus: Zelda Remake

I apologize for deleting the majority of your post -- I'm not too sure how Nintendo goes about releasing their handhelds -- but allow me to address this part.

I agree with this, mostly due to the typical console development time. We all know the wait for console Zelda is terrifying. Ninty could lesson the load by...releasing ALttPHD/OoTHD. :right: Honestly, remakes on 3DS and Wii U can only do Nintendo good. If they focused more on making money instead of appeasing oldbies and neosdlaj fans, they'd well...be making money by doing these remakes. After all, I can guarantee you there are more people who play video games in 2012 than there were back in 2001.

A new game always sells more than a remake. Sure the remake will have a new target audience who never played the original game but a brand new game appeals to all fans of the franchise.

As for your specific proposal to release A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time HD, I don't see that sliding particularly well especially after a 3DS remake of the latter just last year and Miyamoto greatly hinting at a 3D reimagining of A Link to the Past. Nintendo should place higher priority on titles that were not included in the Gaemcube Collector's Edition disc such as The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
The OoX is the same story. They're definitely connected.
And by saying that, OoT and MM aren't connected? Does MM not directly follow OoT? Majora's Mask is a branch of the Ocarina of Time story, therefore it's connected. Just like the logic that states Wind Waker is also connected to Ocarina of Time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was mostly joking about OoTHD, ALIT. x)

AnimeHat, OoX is one story. Ages has nothing to do with Seasons, however when you use the term OoX for story purposes, it refers to the Linked Game of either installment, i.e the confrontation with Twinrova and Ganondorf. The two games are meant to be sequels to one another, but if you play them simply by themselves without linking, they're wholly unconnected. Majora's Mask is directly connected to OoT, though, as is Wind Waker. You don't need to play any one game to understand the other, but it's important to note that the backstory to MM as well as TWW is, essentially, the story of Ocarina.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
And by saying that, OoT and MM aren't connected? Does MM not directly follow OoT? Majora's Mask is a branch of the Ocarina of Time story, therefore it's connected. Just like the logic that states Wind Waker is also connected to Ocarina of Time.

So WW is a package deal with OoT as well? Welp, looks luke we better remake it then. And why stop there?Let's just remake all the games while we're at it. After all, they do connect to each other somehow, right?

S

suckme

you know theres an important lesson to be learned from all this and i saw it in a piece of media from before but i cant recall the title i remember the lesson was that we should not live in the past but move forward to the future

I would rather see a new game instead of a MM remake or a ALttP remake. But I think both those remakes should happen at some point.

I remember voting for it. I didn't mind which ever did actually win, it was all great choices and either one would be great. I just hope whatever Nintendo decides, it comes out soon.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I can understand why people would want a new Zelda game instead of a remake. I'm not against a new game, but I think we can all agree that a remake every now and then is reasonable.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
A Link to the Past has already been re-released a number of times with several enhancements. Majora's Mask needs one more than ALttP does. But honestly, the game that REALLY needs one wasn't even on the list... Wind Waker. It feels like that game is doomed to obscurity and being trapped on aging GCN discs that won't be playable on newer Wii systems or the Wii U.

Fig

The Altruist
Remakes are honestly pointless. They're the last thing any game company should be focusing on. New games are always what should come first. Always. A series can't move forward with remakes. That's simple fact. Why is this even a topic right now? I don't care how cool a MM 3D would be. It's just not necessary.

I would have to agree with JuicieJ on this topic. In my personal opinion, I love to see a remake of any game that Nintendo decides to make, since they remind us of the same reasons why we liked the original game in the first place. Though remakes sound great and amazing, Nintendo should focus on developing new original games for any series for that matter. Despite at what I just said, Nintendo does want to make remakes for special anniversaries, occasions, etc. I don't mind that Nintendo does this, but I do have concern about it is when they do release the remake. There's got to be a reason for a remake, which is usually for an anniversary of a game. Nonetheless, I love both new created games as much as a remastered remake of a classic one! Speaking of remakes, A Link To The Past turns 20 this year! :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom