• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

IGN Versus: Zelda Remake

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
Recently, IGN took a poll asking what Zelda fans wanted the most out of three possible choices from Nintendo: an ALTTP remake, an ALTTP sequel, or a Majora's Mask remake. Many people from this forum probably already voted if you knew about it, and the results are in! Here's the video if you haven't already seen it:

[video=youtube;l06Ui2JM2Ds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06Ui2JM2Ds&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Yay for Majora's Mask! So what do you think? If we do get a MM remake, then it probably won't look nearly as good as that (false?) trailer.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Remakes are honestly pointless. They're the last thing any game company should be focusing on. New games are always what should come first. Always. A series can't move forward with remakes. That's simple fact. Why is this even a topic right now? I don't care how cool a MM 3D would be. It's just not necessary.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I find myself nearly always disagreeing with you J. A remake of Majora's Mask would allow fans of the series a new way to play the game, with an updated style and portable. It would allow new people to the series a great game to start with, one of the best in the series. The argument that a focus should be kept on new games is wrong in my opinion. Grezzo has barely released any games of their own, but show they are very capable of working with existing games and making them better. Nintendo can focus on the new game while Grezzo works on MM3D. And your argument that it's not necessary is kind of silly. The fact that people would buy it and enjoy it is all that should matter.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OHEMGEE NEW GAEM NINTY!!!

Majora's Mask remake is the next big thing. To hell with moving forward -- does Call of Duty seriously "move forward"? Nope, it lives off of MW1 which in turn generates SO MUCH MONEY. I'm all for Nintendo remaking its games.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
JucieJ has it right,i never did have any faith in the zelda community,and this shows it
CHOOSING A REMAKE OVER A NEW GAME :S

I'm choosing a remake AND a new game. Not to mention, honestly, I've been disappointed with new games entirely. If you walk into my house, you'll see literally 20 game consoles, and only one current gen tv console, the wii, and the 3DS. Everything else is last gen or earlier. Mario has become too easy, Zelda too linear (one game was literally on tracks), Metroid too story centric, Starfox is dead, Castlevania has become too much like an RPG, Sonic actually redeemed itself with generations, but was doing very poorly, and finally pokemon has lost its charm. I wish I had faith in Aonuma to make another great game like Majora's Mask, but I think he's lost his touch. I would like Nintendo to keep making Zelda, in hopes for a great game. Skyward Sword was a great improvement over the two before it for sure, maybe they can keep bringing them up...

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I usually agree with you, JuiceJ, but remakes have their own value. They remind us of what we have already done and help us relive our past achievements. While some view it as "unnecessary," they help draw more fans in by putting classics on new hardware.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
]They remind us of what we have already done and help us relive our past achievements. While some view it as "unnecessary," they help draw more fans in by putting classics on new hardware.

Exactly this. Some people won't play OoT original in this day and age because the graphics just don't look all that great. Guess what? OoT3D is around with an amazing facelift. Same can be applied to practically any game.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I'm surprised. A MM remake would have been my LAST choice. I didn't vote originally because I couldn't decide between an A Link to the Past remake or sequel. I think the sequel would have been better, but I'd LOVE to see a 3D LttP...

Majora's Mask just doesn't need it in my opinion. It still looks great – better than Ocarina of Time does. As much as I'd love to see it EVENTUALLY, I'd prefer one of the other two choices first.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I also agree with J, but these results don't surprise me one bit just because people seem to like Majora's mask sooo much. MM remake is actually my last choice of the 3, I completely wanted a new game. But I guess if it is made, it'll give me a way to give Majora's mask another try

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Well you can't have Ocarina of Time without Majora's Mask, so that's why I want a Majora's Mask remake on the 3DS. There should be no sequel to A Link to the Past, also I think they should leave A Link to the Past exactly where it is on the Wii Virtual Console. Honestly, I would say just make a new game, but they made OoT3D so they have to make MM3D.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well you can't have Ocarina of Time without Majora's Mask,

OMG, I thought I was the only one who thought of the two as a pair. OoT/MM, I call them. I'm hyped; while IGN's poll by no means guarantees an MM3D, it sure does show Nintendo that fans are pretty darn excited for it and of course ALttP3D and ALttP Sequel. Can't wait for any of the three to come out!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
OMG, I thought I was the only one who thought of the two as a pair. OoT/MM, I call them. I'm hyped; while IGN's poll by no means guarantees an MM3D, it sure does show Nintendo that fans are pretty darn excited for it and of course ALttP3D and ALttP Sequel. Can't wait for any of the three to come out!

One does not simply make Ocarina of Time 3D and not make Majora's Mask 3D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom