• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Had to Put Another Game's Soundtrack into a Zelda Game...

Rytex

Resident Netizen
...which game would it be? And which Zelda game would it go into?

It's just something I've been wondering. In this, I basically am asking who makes music that could possibly be stuck in the Zelda series? And I'm going to limit the games to 3rd Party or non-Koji Kondo-written game soundtracks (that would be almost the same thing).

I always thought that some of the Final Fantasy games seemed to be PlayStation's responses to the Zelda universe (after which Nintendo would counter with Fire Emblem). But Final Fantasy IX or Final Fantasy XII stood out in particular to me because they have really good music for their time, and they take place in primarily medieval worlds (FFIX was almost steampunk). However, I consider Nobuo Uematsu to be one of the greatest composers ever, maybe even better than Koji Kondo himself (and that's saying a lot). I'll give you a sample of a Uematsu original track from FFV here, and here's his updated one for FFXII here. I ecourage you to listen to them 100% through. They are that good.

I have a feeling that these could be used in place of the track King Bulbin in Twilight Princess, as they are both battles on big bridges. So the FFXII soundtrack could take the TP soundtrack's place at times. The TP Soundtrack is too good to be entirely replaced, but if anyone could, it has to be FFXII.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom