• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you had a sealed game for an older system, would you open it?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Imagine a scenario where you came across a sealed copy of an older game for whatever set of circumstances. Let's say 15+ years old. Better yet, that sealed game is for a system you own, so you actually have a means to play it. Would you bring yourself to open it? Also for this scenario, it isn't just some sealed shovelware game, it's something that's worth playing. It isn't something super rare either, just a worthwhile game that has a bit of monetary value to it on its own. Ex: if you had a NES and you came across a sealed Contra.

My initial thought on this if I was in this position is of course I'd open it, games are meant to be played. Then I started thinking about how if said game was around for so long w/o being opened that it'd almost be a bit of a relic, or a piece of history, and opening it might diminish that aspect of it. I don't know, it didn't get complicated until I started to think about it, but how about you guys?
Or something I just thought of, do any of you own any sealed games yourselves?

Last edited:

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
I wouldn’t open it if I could easily get a used copy at a reasonable price. Otherwise, I’d open it and play anyways. I don’t own any sealed games myself.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Of course. Games are for playing, not for sitting nice on a shelf somewhere. I'd also open a toy even if it were rare, because I'd rather use it than watch it from a distance.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
For me it depends. If I can get the game on virtual console I'd do that and try to find the value of the sealed game.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Assuming that I don't have another copy of the game, yeah, I'd open it. Games are meant to be played, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom