• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If You Could Give Any Video Game A Squel...

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm I have quite a few to be honest...

GTA: San Andreas
I know this particular series doesn't follow any particular pattern regarding actual sequels, but I would have loved to seen a sequel featuring the same characters and similar plot etc. They are technically revisiting the same world in GTAV, btu the new generation doesn't really follow up into he same realm to say, in other words it's like a new game world, just the same setting. There is hope though, there was a miniature series labelled "stories". This would typically follow up from a particular game, but in a slightly different time and featuring a new character. So there was Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories respectively and basically I would like to see a San Andreas Stories. I'm fine with the new installment but I would like to see what happened after, as I was drawn into that whole story.

Shadow of the Colossus
I know it's getting a spiritual sequel or that's what I've followed so far (correct me if I'm wrong) but I want an actual sequel. The first game never really focused on story telling as it was incredibly subtle. Now that was part fo the charm of the game, but I still feel it could benefit by adding a legitimate story maybe more explanation on the Colossi etc.

Heavy Rain
One of my favorite games of all time, as the ones above are. I was so engaged in this story that it caused genuine emotion from me and I would still say that this game has the best in game story that I've ever seen play out -- it would rival top movies as well in my opinion. I was kind of disappointed to see that Quantic Dream's new game wasn't going to follow a similar pattern. However we're taking sequels. Since the original game's story concluded nicely, I wouldn't want that to be ruined, so maybe a new/similar game that follows a similar theme?

Spyro Trioligy
As a kid I loved these games, more so the first two, in fact the second installment made into my top ten list. However, I feel the series has went continously downhill ever since the third game and has tried to, somewhat, "reinvent" itself but has lost its charm in the process. I would love for a "proper" sequel. Having it play out like the first games, keep that charm polished graphics of the same style and that subtle story with unique level designs and decent hubs. Maybe it could follow on plot wise but that doesn't matter too much, as I'm not that bothered about continuity story wise with these games, just make so the story within that individual game.

Twilight Princess
I'm being heavily biased here I know, here's another one of my favorite games and my favorite Zelda game, Twilight Princess. Now I have to ideas for a so called sequel. The first would be an actual sequel, maybe not direct but it just continues within that same era. The other being a "spiritually sequel". Now one could say that TP game is already a spiritual sequel of Ocarina of Time and I would agree to an extent. Then again, I feel this game improved on a lot of aspects that were brought up in OoT, in a sense "advancing". Now I would like to see more of an advancement on the core formula of this game as I feel it has the best groundwork of which to work on. In term of an actual sequel and why I would like this, basically I love the story and mythology within this game alone. It felt Zelda-ish but introduced new tales, that which I would love to see expanded upon -- especially Link's adventures after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom