• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If There's One Thing I Don't Understand About the Zelda Series...

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
you all are missing the point of this thread. it was meant to talk about the things in in the Zelda Series that you can't seem to figure out.

So JuicieJ and Seth, you're right, it doesn't matter, but at least he's on topic... unlike the both of you who came to teh thread to complain. Just sayin'

I didn't come here to complain. I gave a very legit answer.

N

nintendolovebug

Huh.... I never though of it ... It is odd but it be more odd to find a key to
Open a treasure chest with a key in it lol... But I do see ur point!

The skulltulas are just a freak of nature never really understood them
Like they don't even attack u so its kinda mean how link is always killin the poor things
But hey I guess is needed if you wanna finish all tasks in the game lol...

Lupine

Sacred Beast
because if I had to find keys to unlock more keys I would go insane.

Anywho. Why does Link put his quiver and bow in a "pocket" instead of strapping them to his back Robin Hood style?

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
The skulltulas are just a freak of nature never really understood them
Like they don't even attack u so its kinda mean how link is always killin the poor things
But hey I guess is needed if you wanna finish all tasks in the game lol...

Actually, skulltulas do attack Link if he gets too close. Also, in a playthrough I was watching recently, the skultullas always cover certain ways through tight corridors. They're somewhat like living walls.

Anywho. Why does Link put his quiver and bow in a "pocket" instead of strapping them to his back Robin Hood style?

Can you imagine if Link tried to reach his sword and instead took and arrow and unwittingly tried to atack enemies with it? That would have chances of happening if he did that. As he can't see his back, he'd probably mix them up. Just sayin'.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Why don't the blocks tip over when you push them neer the edge? How come theres a Goron that can breathe underwater? Why doesn't Ganondorf just DIE? These questions and many more will be debated for eturnity but it'll never be truely uncovered.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hahaha teasing Zelda logic is fun~ :P

I never considered that about the chests though Vanitas, good point~ :hmm:

Here are some I HAVE thought about though:

- Why can Link roll up the stairs?
- Why can Link roll with iron boots on?
- Why can Link roll with iron boots on underwater?
- Why can Link roll with iron boots on when facing head-on torrential wind?

- How can Link pull those huge blocks when there's no way to get a grip on them?
- Why is it that running out of time in Death Mountain Crater is instant death, while jumping into the scalding hot lava only has you lose a single heart?

Anyways, people may dismiss most of this in the interest of game mechanics, but it doesn't mean that Nintendo doesn't consider these kinds of things during development. I remember reading an interview a while ago about the dungeon design inside Jabu Jabu: they were talking about how they chose NOT to include keys and locked doors in Jabu Jabu, because they thought it really wouldn't make sense to have chests with keys and locked doors in his stomach. I think that shows that they do take into account how much game mechanics make sense at least to a certain extent.

Still, I think we get some fun out of the stuff that doesn't really make that much sense~ :P

N

nintendolovebug

Actually, skulltulas do attack Link if he gets too close. Also, in a playthrough I was watching recently, the skultullas always cover certain ways through tight corridors. They're somewhat like living walls.

i guess i never got close enough for them to attack lol! but thanks for the info. im sure to keep my distance now !

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
i guess i never got close enough for them to attack lol! but thanks for the info. im sure to keep my distance now !

You're welcome!

More stuff:

Link's hood never hangs down in Twilight Princess when he's upside down (look closely at around 30 secs in):

[video=youtube;9TkuArpHHk0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TkuArpHHk0[/video]

Are those the same gravity defying powers he uses to make items float avobe his hands?

Don't tell me I'm the only one who noticed that!

Last edited:

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
Most Hilariously Illogical Things in Zelda Games

Everyone knows that game logic and real logic are two totally different things. What are your favorite instances of game logic that seem utterly ridiculous in real life?

EX: Putting boots in your pocket makes you lighter (whole series)
someone put torches inside of the deku tree (OoT)
someone put treasure chests inside of a giant fish (OoT)
Trusting a bird to run a shop (TP)

And so much more!

Everyone knows that game logic and real logic are two totally different things. What are your favorite instances of game logic that seem utterly ridiculous in real life?

Here's a ton of them from Ocarina of Time. Have fun!

But since this thread includes all Zelda games. Plus, I like how you worded yours, "logic that seems utterly ridiculous in real life"; I guess I'll add some:

A cow inside Link's tree house (OoT)? WW Link lives in the sea his whole life, and clearly knows how to swim, but oddly starts to drown with his head clearly above the water. Tiny holes in the ground with talking cows and a pool of water with fish (OoT/MM).

Edit: Darnit! Kinda got ninja'd by "The Sink"...

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
You know guys, linking the original thread when you report dupe threads is a lot more effective than linking the original thread within the dupe thread itself, just saying ;3

*threads merged*

As for the topic at hand, here's something odd I've noticed. You know the tiny Peahats in WW? You know the much much larger Seahats also in WW? The little ones cannot be killed with a Boomerang, but the big ones can. Evolution fail much?

Garo

Boy Wonder
Originally, Nintendo included a small sound file of Link saying "alohomora" every time he approached a chest. It wasn't long until Scholastic got wind of it, and Nintendo was a little frightened by their cease and desist letters, so they backed off and cut the sound clip. This was late in development, however, so they didn't have time to fix the plot hole.

#fakeZeldahistory

it's the fact that we go open up a treasure chest without any keys, only to find a key inside. It just completely baffles me as to how it's possible to do that, unless the dungeon masters really are so stupid to let the Hero have the keys and eventually destroy them. :facepalm:

I dunno about that. I'm still figuring out how the blocks that fall on Link's head in AoL can stay suspended in midair after he cuts through the ones below them. Shouldn't they in turn fall to the ground and hit Link in the head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom