• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild If SSHD fails again will this game get a brief resurgence before BOTW2 comes?

So if Nintendo screws us once again and a lot of reactions are 'Ehhhhh what the hell is this?' by new players and the big YT guys like RGT85/Arlo (which I think are the same guys with alt channels),Nintendo Black Crisis,Hylian Gamer,etc like the last Direct where they go 'What the HELL WAS THAT?' Only in this case "Nintendo what the hell were you thinking with Skyward Sword!"

About how long before they get sick of my sister ruining the game? Will this cause them to run back to BOTW and realize or learn why this game came even out and only get them even more pumped up for BOTW2 for The Nintendo Switch Two? In fact could this be Nintendo's end goal here?
They know the Switch's is winding down like a telegraph machine powered off so to encourage purchases of the Nintendo Switch 2 they will do this crappy game to get fans to want the better one later by looking back at the first to anticipate the 2nd. Maybe encourage more sales for Age of Calamity even as one last hurrah for those that were 'on the fence' over the unusual gameplay and to want the two waves of DLC announced!!!!! :ezlo:

About how long do you guess it will take for the sober effect of reality takes place after SSHD releases and they are off their Nintendo high getting gate leave from the Skyward Detox Tank with Groose? Do you think Grooses Theme is played in the Detox Tank for 24/7? I bet that will quickly sober them up so they are trusted with gate passes.

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
If what you mean is that there will be a spike in new Skyward Sword opinions, I would expect that too to some degree. Especially since from what I've heard, almost everything Nintendo publishes on switch seems to sell at least decently due to new customers looking for stuff to play, so more players -> more opinions.

Setting it up to make Breath of the Wild have some kind of resurgence seems unnecessary though. BotW is already well received and has had enough attention to make their money back at least a few several times over. Any resurgence it could get is bound to have happened already or whenever new people buy switches and see it's one of the better received games on it, without having to spend money and time remastering a game they expect to fail. Then again, I tend to see Nintendo as either indifferent or clueless about this kind of thing.

To pose a question that came to mind though, would SS be looked at as negatively this time? I'd assume most people who end up playing it for the first time will approach it more as a curiosity, probably vaguely aware it's an old-ish game. Since it would be coming in between Breath of the Wild and its sequel, it's also pretty clear even at a casual glance that SSHD is not setting a tone for any games in the foreseeable future. Then again, the ad in the last direct tried to highlight the fact they both have a stamina gauge as if that was a big deal; I wonder if at least one theoretical person who liked BotW and was curious about other 3D Zelda and isn't completely clued into the differences has been set up for disappointment.

I’m sure SSHD is going to sell at least a million copies by Christmas. The original SS didn’t even fail, it sold 3 million copies. Sure, not as much as a lot of other Zelda games, but still not a fail (which I’d consider to be under 100,000 copies).

I'm not sure what you mean by "resurgence" but I think reception to SSHD will be better than the original game. Seems like lately online I've been seeing a lot more "It wasn't as bad as people say"'s when people discuss it. The biggest complaints with the original had to do with motion controls which aren't necessary now. I also expect them to tone down Fi, because that was the other notable complaint I noticed. Fi seems comparable to the Triforce Quest in WW and the Wolf parts in TP. Something a lot of people complained about that could be improved with minor tweaking.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm not sure what you mean by "resurgence" but I think reception to SSHD will be better than the original game. Seems like lately online I've been seeing a lot more "It wasn't as bad as people say"'s when people discuss it. The biggest complaints with the original had to do with motion controls which aren't necessary now. I also expect them to tone down Fi, because that was the other notable complaint I noticed. Fi seems comparable to the Triforce Quest in WW and the Wolf parts in TP. Something a lot of people complained about that could be improved with minor tweaking.
the irony is that Fi both has less dialogue and speaks more quickly than many other characters in the game, so I'm not sure why people hated her so much. I think her dialogue could be tightened up a bit, but the whole game's dialogue could be as well.
The triforce fetchquest was just padding replacement for a rushed game, and I'm not sure what they were on for TP, but both are more padding rather than just a character with weak dialogue like fi, I wouldn't say they're comparable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom