• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD If Nintendo doesn't make any changes.......?

Skyward Sword HD
If Nintendo doesn't make any changes how long and what original game elements do you think new players will run into that will cause them to go 'Oh yeah so THIS is why the game is so devisive in the series' and GameStop starts getting a 'mysterious' pile of used copies according to the media showing up. Geez I wonder why......................

Do you think my sister Fi will be the biggest annoying bug to get in their way of gameplay? If so how long before they want to chuck their Switch joystick out the window and run back to BOTW realizing why it came out in the first place despite it's (cough) flaws (cough)?

Also do you think this will cause a new 'brief' resurgence in the popularity of BOTW as Nintendo fans come quickly out of dopey mode and sober up after a trip to the detox unit? Then when they are sobered up they'll discover new things they didn't noticed in their hurry to just 'beat' the game bare minimum once they are released from jail?

IE: Skyward Jail Special Edition with Sheriff John Bunnell making pun jokes about different ways of staying in jail. He can cook tacos.............in jail!!! He can find comfort with Fi.............in jail! He can be a hero of..............in jail! (Insert your lame pun here)

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Okay, it took me several minutes of staring at that to understand what you were saying, but I think I got it now! If SSHD has all of the same flaws as the original, it could make first timers turn back to the unobtrusive BotW. I feel as though there's a lot of things that Nintendo needs to patch if they want to make SSHD revise all of the old complaints, and quite frankly I don't think they could revise everything. Your sister is one of the easy fixes. But if a player is very used to the openness of BotW and the solidity, they are never going to find that in SSHD. So really its just a matter of preference.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Fi did nothing wrong
(source: replaying SS right now, low health is more intrusive than fi is, and she actually talks faster than every other character in the game)

best take I've seen so far is (I think it was from markas) that she needs to be treated like an actual character with development and not a companion. The scene at skipper's retreat needs to be much more impactful to her, for example

Okay, it took me several minutes of staring at that to understand what you were saying, but I think I got it now! If SSHD has all of the same flaws as the original, it could make first timers turn back to the unobtrusive BotW. I feel as though there's a lot of things that Nintendo needs to patch if they want to make SSHD revise all of the old complaints, and quite frankly I don't think they could revise everything. Your sister is one of the easy fixes. But if a player is very used to the openness of BotW and the solidity, they are never going to find that in SSHD. So really its just a matter of preference.
Sorry if I was confusing but that's because I don't do dumb tweet stuff as you can't get your thoughts across in just a few witty stupid quotes.

Anyways a lot of Nintendo fans who played BOTW but hated the weapons breaking all think that SS will be their 'bread and butter' so to speak and it's gotten popular now to hate on BOTW: If you say anything positive you will get downvoted.

To whom have never played SS and expect the world to be as good as BOTW with lots to see and do they are in for a special shock. I think they are going to be in for a HUGE (can't emphasize it enough) disappointment if they jump in the shark pool and they will quickly get chased out then back to the kiddie pool monitored by a life guard on duty. (sigh).

I still wonder if this is Nintendo's response to the online criticism recently of BOTW by reminding players why they went this route so they will not only take a second look at BOTW but be even more eager for the sequel where we will finally be able to have a weapons repair system!!! :).

Nintendo of Japan: "So all those critics online are pooping on our hard worked game eh and refuse to play it because of broken weapons and no dungeons? Then we'll show em dungeons! Dungeons up the nose and out the ears!! Let's bring Skyward Sword to the Switch so they will be reminded why we went this route! Eeee heee heee!"

Quote from Robots Ratchet the Bad guy:: "Because as of today we are not MAKING ANY SPARE PARTS! (slams fist on table) Do you know what I call robots who can't afford to upgrade?"

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Sorry if I was confusing but that's because I don't do dumb tweet stuff as you can't get your thoughts across in just a few witty stupid quotes.

Anyways a lot of Nintendo fans who played BOTW but hated the weapons breaking all think that SS will be their 'bread and butter' so to speak and it's gotten popular now to hate on BOTW: If you say anything positive you will get downvoted.

To whom have never played SS and expect the world to be as good as BOTW with lots to see and do they are in for a special shock. I think they are going to be in for a HUGE (can't emphasize it enough) disappointment if they jump in the shark pool and they will quickly get chased out then back to the kiddie pool monitored by a life guard on duty. (sigh).

I still wonder if this is Nintendo's response to the online criticism recently of BOTW by reminding players why they went this route so they will not only take a second look at BOTW but be even more eager for the sequel where we will finally be able to have a weapons repair system!!! :).

Nintendo of Japan: "So all those critics online are pooping on our hard worked game eh and refuse to play it because of broken weapons and no dungeons? Then we'll show em dungeons! Dungeons up the nose and out the ears!! Let's bring Skyward Sword to the Switch so they will be reminded why we went this route! Eeee heee heee!"

Quote from Robots Ratchet the Bad guy:: "Because as of today we are not MAKING ANY SPARE PARTS! (slams fist on table) Do you know what I call robots who can't afford to upgrade?"
Firstly, this is HALARIOUS
Secondly, I completely agree that a lot of people who only know Zelda through BotW are going to get quite the shock when they play this. Who knows, maybe it will cause some to greater appreciate the series as a whole. I think that this is definitely a test from Nintendo, to see if people still want the old formula. And if some of those BotW only fans enjoy SSHD, we can be guaranteed that its going to make a comeback. But if all the feedback Nintendo gets is "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO MEEE, GIMME BACK BOTW", its not going to end well for those of us who actually enjoy games like SS. So if you hear anyone talking who sounds like they don't quite understand the quirks of SS, give 'em a quick warning so they don't get too startled.

Mikey the Moblin

Uh, no, this is nintendo testing the waters to see if more traditional zelda gameplay will do as well as botw did. It's a litmus test for the direction the series takes in the future and I have a lot riding on skyward sword's success

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I mean, Skyward Sword was a great game as it is, so even if they don't make any changes beyond button controls, it'll still be a great game. Speaking as someone who's favorite video game in existence is BotW, SS is still in my top Zelda games, so like... Just because BotW is different doesn't mean people who started there can't like SS. Liking one doesn't mean you can't like the other.

Mikey the Moblin

I mean, Skyward Sword was a great game as it is, so even if they don't make any changes beyond button controls, it'll still be a great game. Speaking as someone who's favorite video game in existence is BotW, SS is still in my top Zelda games, so like... Just because BotW is different doesn't mean people who started there can't like SS. Liking one doesn't mean you can't like the other.
here's hoping the 10 million or so botw fans that were introduced to the series through it are like you

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
Honestly, I feel like Mikey The Moblin's got the best idea here. If Nintendo went that route, it would be an overall good decision. Although, I feel like 60£ for this kind of game is asking a lot. Sure, the game will be fun, but that much money is very expensive, especially for something that seems to only have new button controls. This is coming from a person who thinks this way towards the Miitopia port, too, so it's not a bias. But, hey! We haven't see the entirety of the new additions, so maybe they'll make us turn over a new leaf!
But, yeah. Mikey's definitely got a great point towards not just SS, but maybe towards the Miitopia port, too.

P.S. Is, you're sounding completely insane.
No offense, but maybe you should quit while you're ahead.
Either that, or I'm in the wrong, which I would like someone to tell me if I am.

Last edited:
Well in Wind Waker they improved the sailing speed. So in this one if they don’t improve the flying some I could see people being negative toward it.

Well, they can't change the crappy hub-like over world. We all know that. Not sure if they can fix the awful pacing either.

If they don't do anything but remap and fix the malfunctioning controls, I think newcomers will probably have a more mixed reaction ranging from mediocre to decent. Flawed ,but has some good dungeons.

Uwu-Oocoo-We aren't a hive mind. Many of us enjoy both the open world titles, and the more linear ones.

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I mean they did change the fact that you can have an option to not use motion controls (which was one of the reasons some people didn't enjoy the game, and it was very hard for me to play it well due to the motion controls). I imagine they are going to try and fix some of the bugs that SS had but I don't know if there are going to be huge drastic changes to the dialogue or Fi for that matter.

Firstly, this is HALARIOUS
Secondly, I completely agree that a lot of people who only know Zelda through BotW are going to get quite the shock when they play this. Who knows, maybe it will cause some to greater appreciate the series as a whole. I think that this is definitely a test from Nintendo, to see if people still want the old formula. And if some of those BotW only fans enjoy SSHD, we can be guaranteed that its going to make a comeback. But if all the feedback Nintendo gets is "WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO MEEE, GIMME BACK BOTW", its not going to end well for those of us who actually enjoy games like SS. So if you hear anyone talking who sounds like they don't quite understand the quirks of SS, give 'em a quick warning so they don't get too startled.
I meant it in a different way. If you read my post I stated I was worried they'd go all go corporate like Ratchet in Robots.Inc 'Why be you when you can be new' and toss out what made BOTW did work and go back to linear again and have to re-remember why they made BOTW in the first place!

I don't care if people like SS or not but generally those who do hate BOTW which I bet they didn't get past the Great Plateau assuming that's all there is to the game. I know I did and almost gave up when I thought it was going to be a giant fetch quest but loved the rest of the world opening up. I still go up and down the coast from time to time as it's just so pretty.

I hope BOTW2 they have a coastline or at least keep the current one. If BOTW is all or mostly underground I will skip over the Switch Pro and this title. Hell it will make SSHD seem pretty in that regard.

TahDiscoBall

He does what Ninten-shouldn't.
I meant it in a different way. If you read my post I stated I was worried they'd go all go corporate like Ratchet in Robots.Inc 'Why be you when you can be new' and toss out what made BOTW did work and go back to linear again and have to re-remember why they made BOTW in the first place!

I don't care if people like SS or not but generally those who do hate BOTW which I bet they didn't get past the Great Plateau assuming that's all there is to the game. I know I did and almost gave up when I thought it was going to be a giant fetch quest but loved the rest of the world opening up. I still go up and down the coast from time to time as it's just so pretty.

I hope BOTW2 they have a coastline or at least keep the current one. If BOTW is all or mostly underground I will skip over the Switch Pro and this title. Hell it will make SSHD seem pretty in that regard.
Oh, that's what you meant!
Sorry for the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom