• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ice Arrows

In Ocarina Of Time you know how it was hard to get the ice arrows? And you didn't even need them to beat the game that a pain in the butt! Nintendo could have made them useful and if you needed them to beat the game they could made the dungeon where you get the ice arrows a little bit more easier Do any of you agree? Well I didn't like the ice arrow thing at all. And plus I want you guys to tell me waht you think okay? so tell me bye! :)

well i do agree with the fact that the Ice arrows should be more useful. I love Ice arrows and its too bad that they weren't very important.

Still I absolutely LOVED the mini dungeon they were in. I didn't think it was too hard or too easy.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
True, but they were not completely useless, they helped me a lot in the Twinrova fight, and not to mention the mid boss, I had a great time with those arrows, I even find them more useful than the fire arrows since the Ice Arrows make the same damge but temporarly freeze your opponent!!

What can be better than that!

true. now i want to play OoT again just so i can use the Ice arrows every chance i get =P
gosh i can't remember using the Ice arrows at all in wind waker =/im going to have to replay that too

Flagpole

I'm back!!
The Ice Arrows are definitely one of the greatest items I've ever seen in Zelda.
Of course, they don't play a big role in Ocarina of Time, and, in fact, they are almost useless in the game, but I still like them.

As almost everyone knows, they're the prize for the effort of going through the mini-dungeon Gerudo Grounds (is it called like that?), and, though to many it may seem it isn't worth going through the Gerudo Grounds to receive an item almost at the final of the game, and that is useless, I find the item as a misterious one. I love freezing enemies. I always liked arrows, and them being able to freeze enemies pull some of the arrows capabilities to the max. Killing enemies may be cool, and burning them, too, but freezing them is even more fun. Actually, I think freezing enemies is one of it's many hidden purposes. To me, no one, or almost no one, has tried to pulled the Ice Arrows powers to its limits. Has anyone tried to freeze the water, like in Majora Mask? Or maybe try to freeze an empty hole to see where it leads you? I remember seeing an image uploaded in the Zelda Dungeon's Ocarina of Time walkthrough, inside the Scarecrow's Song guide. This image showed a scarecrow which seemignly is useless. Maybe, that lone useless scarecrow has some kind of connection with the Ice Arrows, that leads to a secret.

In conclusion, Ice Arrows mustn't be called as useless unless someone tries to explode it's full capabilities and only receives useless results.

Also, a dungeon that uses the Ice Arrows wouls be great and, in fact, you can find it in majora Mask: the Great Bay Temple.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I just recently got the Ice arrows because I never bothered to get them before... I tried shooting an Octorock with them to make a platform (like in MM) but it didn't work. I was really excited to see what would happen... Man that was a great puzzle...

i think it would be cool if you had to use the ice arrows in the water barrier before you get to fight Gannon!

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I love the Ice Arrows, even if they are "useless" in the main quest. They're my favourite type of arrow, and I always use them over Light or Fire Arrows. I usually favor items that stun (Boomerang, Deku Nuts) or freeze the enemy in their tracks. I also love the freezing sound that the ice makes. XD

Personally, I think that Gerudo Training Grounds mini-dungeon was worth it. Only to me, though. It's pretty obvious that the Ice Arrows weren't a worthy reward for completing that dungeon.

S

sword collector

i think they should of been in the water tempel because then it would be a lot more faster to complete i know the hook shot is used
but to freeze the water to make platforms it's just more fun

13foxes

Personally, I think the Ice Arrows in OoT are useless. I got it in OoT only to get a 100% completion, and after getting it, I used it only once. It might be useful if you got it at the beginning of the game, while you were weak, short on hearts and could easily be killed. But this is nearly the end. What's the point in freezing enemies if you can kill them in, like, 10 seconds? I expected to find a good, cool item after doing all the Gerudo training grounds (because you have to complete all the dungeons in order to get this item) but the Ice Arrows was a big disappointment. It helps in nothing, not even in sidequests. It's still a pretty item though, with the blue light and such.

Has anyone tried to freeze the water, like in Majora Mask? Or maybe try to freeze an empty hole to see where it leads you? I remember seeing an image uploaded in the Zelda Dungeon's Ocarina of Time walkthrough, inside the Scarecrow's Song guide. This image showed a scarecrow which seemignly is useless. Maybe, that lone useless scarecrow has some kind of connection with the Ice Arrows, that leads to a secret.

In conclusion, Ice Arrows mustn't be called as useless unless someone tries to explode it's full capabilities and only receives useless results.

The Ice Arrows in OoT can't freeze water. And if you shoot it in an empty holes (black pits?), it'll just hit an invisible wall. As for the scarecrow, I don't think it has any connection with the Ice Arrows, because if it does, people would discovered that a long time ago.

Also, a dungeon that uses the Ice Arrows wouls be great and, in fact, you can find it in majora Mask: the Great Bay Temple.

Agree. The Ice Arrows in MM is much more better. It actually has some purpose, not just for show like that in OoT. Now I wish OoT Ice Arrows could have been like that. =(

H

Hylian

Agreed.

I think the arrows themselves should just have been presented as a reward along with the gerudo membership card when you save all the fat dudes with mustaches.

I agree that they only have a use in combat applications, you're never specifically asked to 'freeze a torch' to open a door, right?

And the light arrows were for killing ganon, so there really isn't too much satisfaction getting the ice arrows unless you really, REALLY like to freeze stuff, lol.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
I never really used the ice arrows much in OoT...I think they should have been put to greater use in one of the temples or something.

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Well technically the ice arrows are personally the most useless item in OOT besides of course the zora tunic after the water temple, it is just there for asthetic purposes and all that, however the dungeon they were in is so easy for me these days and all that, however the dumb part is you gotta get the gauntlets to even finish the place and get all the necessary keys so it is not worth it to go back and finish the dungeon unless your a completionist.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The Gerudo Training Grounds wasn't all that hard, but I agree with you in that the Ice Arrows should have been useful somewhere, or helped make something easier in the game. Maybe (hopefully) they will change it in the remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom