• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I want to see a 3D Zelda game with the NES artwork aesthetic

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
This should give you an idea. This looks amazing to me. It's the beginning of ALTTP re-imagined in 3D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d100lwy3NVA
This gets me a little closer, but at the same time seems to take a step in a different direction. I was thinking such an art style should look a little more like a cartoon and be very artistic. Possibly using cell shading but not the kind seen in WW. This demo made Link look similar to how he did in ALTTP but did so superficially and the rest of the demo didn't graphically capture even a ruff feeling of being in ALTTP's world.

How can you tell it doesn't capture the world of ALTTP? Its dark and stormy like the opening scene in the game. We havent seen the world in the daytime yet. Also, I'll admit that Link doesnt exactly capture ALTTP Link. It looks more like the NES Link which is why I like it. When I imagine the early Zelda games in modern 3D I mean the feel you get from the artwork. The world looks genuinely foreboding and ominous. Look at my avatar for example. Link has a sword and shield and wears a grim look on his face and the world behind him looks dangerous and dark. No 3D Zelda has really captured that yet.

How can you tell it doesn't capture the world of ALTTP? Its dark and stormy like the opening scene in the game. We havent seen the world in the daytime yet. Also, I'll admit that Link doesnt exactly capture ALTTP Link. It looks more like the NES Link which is why I like it. When I imagine the early Zelda games in modern 3D I mean the feel you get from the artwork. The world looks genuinely foreboding and ominous. Look at my avatar for example. Link has a sword and shield and wears a grim look on his face and the world behind him looks dangerous and dark. No 3D Zelda has really captured that yet.
Oot had that going on once you go to the future. It was pretty dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom