• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Need Some Help...

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, but here goes.

I need some help with a somewhat personal problem. My mother and her boyfriend (who I dislike) are soon going to be moving into a house together. That wouldn't be a big deal except for the fact that I rotate weeks with each parent. My sister and I were planning on telling my mom that we want to live with my dad all the time and stay with her on the weekends. I just don't know what to say or how to break it to my mom. Please help.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Really don't know what to tell you, it sounds like a really sticky situation. I'm assuming it's because of her boyfriend that you and your sister don't want to hang around your mom's new house much, but being completely honest with her would probably result in hurt feelings. And if both you and your sister are still in school, you can actually tell her that on the weekends you'll be able to spend the whole day at home in contrast to spending only about half a day at home during school days and all the while being occupied with doing homework.

Logical reasoning aside, I think that it's best you don't tell her too suddenly. Ease her into it and be affectionate when telling her to show you do care. Perhaps she may be able to sense the true reason for you two wanting to stay with your father on the weekdays and understand.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would first tell your father that you want to stay with him, and try to get him to explain to your mother that you want to stay wit him. If you plan to do this, it is important that you are there when your father explains this to your mother so you can back him up. Best of luck!

I grew up with divorced parents, staying with my dad every other weekend and on some summers. I used to tell my mom quite often I wanted to stay with my father; I know your situation is different, and I don't know your mothers personality or anything. But when it comes down to it, it's best to be honest, your parents shouldnt get angry if you voice that you would like to stay with one or the other, that's what happens when parents split, and they should understand. You can't change who your mother is with, and if you don't like him, there is no reason to make your life crappy by living with her just to avoid hurting her feelings. I would talk it out with your mother, and get it all off your chest, but don't be too blunt. That's just my personal opinion though, everything is up to you, I wish you luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom