• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U I need Advice about the game

Dears,

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have some questions on the Zelda series including the HD remake of the twilight princess....

I made a purchase of Wii u NTSC console from lebanon (the seller didn't advise to buy the PAL version though he sell it also)... Yet I couldn't find any Zelda game in my country!!! So I decided to buy all the Wii u NTSC Zelda games online..

I was about to buy the Twilight Princess HD and the Wind Waker from Nintendo Eshop but I need to know first whether it can work on my NTSC console because they didn't indicate on in the game description of review whether the game is for NTSC or PAL....
Please, advise me also if there is any SKYWARD SWORD and OCARINA OF TIME version that can be playable on my WII U NTSC console

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
If it is off the EShop, then it will automatically be playable on your current console no matter what region.
So WWHD and TPHD will similarly work.

Ocarina of Time is on the Wii U EShop as well.
However, I would highly recommend you go into Wii mode and get both Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask. They are the best ports of the game, and they don't have the input lag of the Wii U virtual console. So you just go to Wii Mode---->EShop and you will be able to find everything there. You will need a Wii classic controller, or a classic controller pro however. I would recommend the Hori Fight pad as a cheap and reliable way to get all of this.

As for Skyward Sword, what you will need to do is import an American physical version of the game. The Wii U is backwards compatible, so you will be able to play all of your Wii games on them.

If you are looking for Wii games however, you can buy some of those games off the EShop. My personal recommendation is Metroid Prime Trilogy if you haven't played it.

If it is off the EShop, then it will automatically be playable on your current console no matter what region.
So WWHD and TPHD will similarly work.

Ocarina of Time is on the Wii U EShop as well.
However, I would highly recommend you go into Wii mode and get both Ocarina of Time and Majoras mask. They are the best ports of the game, and they don't have the input lag of the Wii U virtual console. So you just go to Wii Mode---->EShop and you will be able to find everything there. You will need a Wii classic controller, or a classic controller pro however. I would recommend the Hori Fight pad as a cheap and reliable way to get all of this.

As for Skyward Sword, what you will need to do is import an American physical version of the game. The Wii U is backwards compatible, so you will be able to play all of your Wii games on them.

If you are looking for Wii games however, you can buy some of those games off the EShop. My personal recommendation is Metroid Prime Trilogy if you haven't played it.

Thanks for your kind reply...

So what are you saying now is that any Wii game or any Wii DISC is playable on my Wii u?

If that is the case then I can get the skyward swords and play it

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If your console is allowing you to download a game from the eShop or Wii Shop Channel, it will be playable for certain; The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are totally fine for you to buy this way. If you do not wish to import an NTSC copy of Skyward Sword, it is very likely Nintendo will add it to the eShop soon, as they have with other Wii games such as Super Mario Galaxy. These are typically cheaper on top of being more convenient to purchase (for a first-party game). You will still need a Wii Motion Plus controller and Nunchuk to play the game, though.

The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time can be bought on either the Wii Shop Channel or Wii U eShop. Currently, Majora's Mask is only available on the Wii Shop Channel. The difference between the two versions is that the Wii U downloads are easier to play (since you boot them straight from the Wii U menu without loading Wii Mode, and can control them with the GamePad instead of purchasing a Classic Controller), you can use a Restore Point feature and Miiverse lets you post screenshots. However, as @Lozjam mentioned, N64 games aren't that great on Wii U due to butchered display and input lag. I recommend getting Ocarina of Time on the Wii Shop Channel (after getting a Classic Controller) and the first three Zelda games on the Wii U eShop, which do not have hindered graphics, and the Restore Point feature is especially handy for tough sections to make up for lack of checkpoints in less forgiving times.

If your console is allowing you to download a game from the eShop or Wii Shop Channel, it will be playable for certain; The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD are totally fine for you to buy this way. If you do not wish to import an NTSC copy of Skyward Sword, it is very likely Nintendo will add it to the eShop soon, as they have with other Wii games such as Super Mario Galaxy. These are typically cheaper on top of being more convenient to purchase (for a first-party game). You will still need a Wii Motion Plus controller and Nunchuk to play the game, though.

The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time can be bought on either the Wii Shop Channel or Wii U eShop. Currently, Majora's Mask is only available on the Wii Shop Channel. The difference between the two versions is that the Wii U downloads are easier to play (since you boot them straight from the Wii U menu without loading Wii Mode, and can control them with the GamePad instead of purchasing a Classic Controller), you can use a Restore Point feature and Miiverse lets you post screenshots. However, as @Lozjam mentioned, N64 games aren't that great on Wii U due to butchered display and input lag. I recommend getting Ocarina of Time on the Wii Shop Channel (after getting a Classic Controller) and the first three Zelda games on the Wii U eShop, which do not have hindered graphics, and the Restore Point feature is especially handy for tough sections to make up for lack of checkpoints in less forgiving times.

Thank you for your reply,

Still need an answer if I also buy Wii Discs from any store here are they playable? I can get t
he Wii Skyward sowrds disc
Sorry for asking much

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Thank you for your reply,

Still need an answer if I also buy Wii Discs from any store here are they playable? I can get t
he Wii Skyward sowrds disc
Sorry for asking much

I don't know where "here" is.

The cover the disc comes in should specify if that copy of the game is compatible with NTSC consoles.

Salem

SICK
OP.

If you want to download games from the eshop and your Wii U is NTSC as you say, make sure when you create a Nintendo Account to chose Canada as your country. The reason for this is that the Canadian Eshop allows you to buy games using a non-US credit cards while the US Eshop only allows US credit cards.

I would think twice before buying old Wii shop content. We don't know if Wii content will be playable on the NX. I would guess that WiiU virtual content would be transferable over to the NX. But Wii virtual content? I actually don't think that'll ever be directly transferable to the NX. Nintendo usually only does one generation of backwards compatability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom