• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom I have a theory regarding the final fight against Ganondorf at the end of TotK.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
MILD SPOILERS FOR TEARS OF THE KINGDOM.

So, as I had predicted before, when Ganon's Blight touched Link at the beginning, his health and stamina would be sapped away in order to have us start again at 3 hearts and only 1 ring of Stamina.
Glad to see that Nintendo did this.

But having played Tears of the Kingdom for a couple days now, I realized something.
Every time we obtain an Orb of Light from a Zonai Shrine, we see a small ember effect as the Gloom corruption is being purified as Link absorbs the divine power to reduce his curse. This ember effect is restricted to only Link's right arm and nowhere else on his person during this animation.

This is where it gets interesting.
Whenever we exchange 4 Orbs of Light for a Heart Container or a Stamina Container, we see a new peculiar interaction with Link and the Gloom.
I think that because of the corruption brought on by the Blight that Link had encountered at the beginning of the game, Link and Ganon are now connected in some manner.
Because whenever you exchange the 4 Orbs for a Container, you see large plumes of Gloom Smoke emanate from Link's entire body. Which is rather odd.

I predict that when Ganondorf's Blight sapped away at Link's health, the final boss fight will see Ganondorf's health bar not be a bar but rather every Heart of Link's that he had managed to steal away.

And I theorize that whenever we add a Heart Container to Link, so too will Ganondorf's heart containers be increased for the final battle.

Players complained that the late-game of Breath of the Wild was weak and shallow, because when players completed all the shrines, we had a HUGE stack of health and stamina; making the final fight of the game quite easy.
I figure that the BotW/TotK devs saw this complaint and made a way so that even in the late game, the final fight against Ganondorf will be still a worthy battle.
After all, if for each heart Link was drained of in the prelude was truly given to Ganondorf; that nets Ganondorf a Health bar of 27 hearts that players will have to whittle down if they gunned straight for him again.
HOWEVER
For players who completed shrines and got even more hearts, so too does Ganondorf get a new heart. So if the player obtained a total of seven hearts before fighting Ganondorf, then that would mean that Ganondorf would have 27+7 hearts, totaling to 34 hearts; making the fight harder as a result!

As for why Stamina Containers also yield that strange smokey effect as Heart Containers?
I believe that Ganondorf will have a stamina meter as well, to an extent. A hidden value that will determine how often he uses more critical strikes during the final duel and/or how fast Ganondorf moves about the field. So for every Stamina Container that Link has obtained, Ganondorf will be a swifter foe and use power-strikes more often; strikes that might be unable to be shield-countered or have a much more narrow window to dodge with.

In conclusion, I believe that if players were to obtain all 30 hearts once again (3+27), then that would mean that Ganondorf would have 57 hearts during the final battle; ensuring that the battle is still a worthy and difficult fight compared to BotW's lackluster finale.

There may also be a workaround to this.
Since the Orbs of Light are supposed to purify Link of his corruption, I believe that if players wait to deposit all the Orbs of Light in exchange for hearts and stamina AFTER obtaining all the orbs, then Ganondorf will not receive any bonus health or stamina for the final fight.
Why?
Because the Orbs of Light are purifying Link of Corruption.
By completing all shrines, Link will no longer have Blight/Gloom corruption; we will get a cutscene where he is announced as cured of the curse by the divine light.
Ergo, if players wait to obtain hearts until AFTER they obtain all Orbs of Light; they will be able to increase their health and stamina without having to increase Ganondorf's stats.

Basically if players wait, then Ganondorf should only end up with 28 hearts at the end of the game; since the prologue has us obtain a single heart piece to open a door in the Temple of Time.

Whaddya guys think?

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
UPDATE TO THE THEORY -

It may not actually be his health bar that is affected, but rather his damage stats.

= = = SPOILERS AHEAD FOR A MINI-BOSS YOU CAN ENCOUNTER IN THE WILDS = = =

So I was encountering what I believe are supposed Floor Masters (my little brother said they are by a different name but the camera refuses to let me catalog them). Anyway, when you defeat these clusters of Floor Masters, they will spawn a Phantom Ganon as a miniboss; so I guess we get a bit of a training session of how fighting Legit Ganondorf will be.

Phantom Ganon drops Demon King weapons, such as the Demon King's Bow.
These weapons are DIRECTLY TIED to you current health pool. For the Demon King's Bow I picked up, it provided +2 damage for every heart I possessed.

If my theory is true, perhaps Demon King Ganondorf will have much more increased damage stats. As I mentioned in my original post, I theorized that Ganondorf and Link are spiritually linked somewhat thanks to the corruption of Malice/Gloom that we encountered in the Prologue.
If such a theory is true, the more hearts you replenish; so too does that energy get shared with Ganondorf; thus allowing the fight to remain a tough one in the end-game unlike BotW's final boss fight.
So if Demon King Ganondorf and his Phantom Ganon forms are supposed to wield the same weaponry, this would mean that the final fight of Ganondorf vs Link would be a bit more balanced so that the more hearts you have, the more damage his weapons will induce; making each shot still chunk away at your health the same percentage. So if you fought Ganondorf with 15 hearts or 30 hearts; it will still deal the same % of damage per hit.

Unless of course you wait until AFTER you are fully cured of the corruption by obtaining all the Orbs of Light; and THEN acquiring all the heart/stamina containers. After all, if Ganondorf and Link are truly linked by the corruption; then breaking the corruption's curse will allow you to boost your health without boosting Ganondorf's stats.

Whaddya guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom