• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Hyruleans in Termina

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
First off, i'm new here, so hi :)

Anyway, playing through MM today I started to wonder just how many non terminians could actually be found in Termina. I could only come up with mainly obvious ones, Link, Epona, Skull Kid, Happy Mask Salesman, and I THINK maybe Tingle.

What I could'nt work out with Tingle was - Does he originate from Hyrule or Termina? He was first introduced to us in MM so I naturally figured he was Terminian, but he has since gone on to feature in other Zelda titles that are set in Hyrule. If he is Terminian, then wouldn't that make him the only Terminian to return in a future Zelda title set in Hyrule? On the other hand, if he is actually Hyrulean, then what the heck is he doing floating from balloons in a parralel universe?

Also, is there any proof that the Happy Mask Salesman is the same one from OoT, and not just his Terminian counterpart?

Sometimes, I swear I think too much...any thoughts?? Are there any other Hyruleans that make an appearance in Termina?

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
Seeing how Tingle's dad is Terminian and Tingle seems to know a lot about the place, I'd say he's Terminian too. I think he was obsessed with fairies so much, that he stalked Link all the way back to Hyrule >.> and thats how he appears in Wind Waker. Btw, welcome :D

Majora's Cat

How about that
I'd say you aren't necessarily thinking too much. On forums like these, lots of us overthink things like the Gerudo's reproduction theories and especially what you're bringing up, Terminians.

Here's what I'll say - I'll keep it short and simple: Nintendo never intended for its Zelda fans to think this deep into the games. They just wanted you to agree and be content with whatever they threw out there. But we, as Zelda fans, must overlook their simplistic views and find answers for ourselves. I believe that Terminians are in fact incarnations of Hyruleans. Most of the characters from MM are pulled straight from OoT, save for a few (like the Deku Butler and the Deku Princess). I've stated this before on these forums, but I will say it again: Majora's Mask is simply an alternate dimension. Somehow Link just wound up in the alternate world of Termina, dragged into Termina by the Skull Kid. No one can say whether Termina is simply an alternate dimension or simply another kingdom, but then remember this: how can identical characters exist in two worlds at the same time? All of the characters reappear from OoT with different names, meaning it can't just be a coincidence. Termina must be an alternate dimension. Majora itself has great powers - there really wasn't ever a line drawn for what Majora could accomplish and couldn't. I think Link was dragged into Termina, an alternate dimension, by Majora. Majora could've been able to open a portal allowing access to Termina - anything is really possible. It's all open to speculation.

All this would mean that the characters in MM are essentially the same beings that existed in OoT - except in another "universe", per se. We have all heard of the multiverse theory in our world, and the same theory could very well be true in Zelda.

Edit: I didn't keep it short and simple, did I...

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Well, it is possible that Tingle moved from Termina to Hyrule. And I do not believe it says anywhere that they are the same Tingle. They could be different ones, but unlikely, since both their professions have to do with maps. So my best theory is that when Tingle had run out of business in Termina, he moved to Hyrule to draw maps there.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I believe the Mask Salesman does he owns a mask after you first meet him before you turn back into a human.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I personally think it is the same Mask salesman as in Ocarina of Time, because it is implied that he has gone on great journeys across many lands to acquire a large array of masks for his collection. He also states that he is leaving the land in no more than 3 days. This coincides with the falling of the moon of course, but also implies that he is not a permanent resident or native of Termina. This is why I think he is the same Mask Salesman, but an interesting question I would like to raise is, "Do you think the Mask Salesman from OoT and MM is a Hylian or is he of some other race not specified, or is he even 'human'".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom