• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Hyrule Warriors mechanics/options that haven't returned

Robbie fan club
Out of curiosity I'm working on a list of various parts of the first Hyrule Warriors game that Age of Calamity didn't bring back (or at least, aren't in the demo), for better or worse. So far I've got:
Zelda-style controls: I'm genuinely bummed out about this, this control layout felt so comfortable and natural.
Skulltulas: Not too concerned here, I feel like the Koroks are a fine enough replacement. Although I do miss being able to see how many were in each level
Giant bosses: These I'm mixed about, sometimes I loved them and sometimes they were an absolute slog to fight through and just got in the way
Focus gauge: Another one I miss, trying to keep up massive combos with focus was so much fun. Of course, it could be added as a character's specific action one the full game it out
Victory poses: These were so charming and fun! But, at the same time, after a while they just became something to skip through after a battle, so I don't really mind seeing them gone

This is what I can remember for now. I only played the WiiU version of Hyrule Warriors, so I'm not too sure if this game has a replacement for the fairy mechanic later versions of that game had.
Anything else y'all can think of? And thoughts on what's been removed?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The controls are the same as in BotW... for the most part.

Giant Bosses are in. We see the Hinox, Talus, and Lynel in trailers. And they dont require items to do any damage anymore, which is fantastic.

I dont really care about Focus Spirit, managing that was a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom