• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hyrule TP and TWW

Okay, I accidentally deleted my last thread so I'm gonna say it quickly. In TWW, below the ocean, Hyrule Castle is on an island in the middle of a lake. I think this lake is Lake Hylia. In TP the Temple of Time is in Faron Woods. So, in TWW, before the flood they moved South and built a castle. In TP they moved North and built a castle.

D

Darth Usurper

I didn't see your last thread.

So to be frank, the briefness of this one has me scratching my head about what you're trying to say.

My other thread never went online.
Comparing TWW Hyrule to OoT Hyrule
In TWW, I think they moved South because Hyrule Castle is on a small island in the middle of a lake. I think this lake is Lake Hylia. Didn't Lake Hylia have an island in the middle of it in OoT? I think the Golden Goddesses told the Hyrulian people to move South because they were more mountains. The Gorons were a proud race (maybe too proud) so I think they did not move South, except for a few who became the traveling merchants in TWW. The Zoras' Domain became volcanic of natural causes. The Zoras now lived atop a mountain so they had no need to move. The Forsaken Fortress was just a place built by Ganon. Ganon's Tower was built there to probably keep an eye on Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule.
Comparing TP Hyrule to OoT Hyrule
I think the people moved North (even the Gorons, because they were allies with the Kakariko Village people). Some proof is that the Temple of Time is in Faron Woods. They probably went their just before they executed Ganondorf. I know this one was brief, so maybe they didn't move North.
By the way, I'm not saying for sure for any of these, I'm just saying what I think. Does it make sense?

Whenever you overlap the maps of the three games, OoT, WW, and TP, the landmarks of said games match up fairly well, give or take a few degrees based on game design and need of use. Assuming that Death Mountain is Dragon Roost Island, considering the only volcano that's been in the games thus far is Death Mountain, you can overlay the three maps on one another and the mountain is always in the same northwestern spot on the map. That's one location locked in. The second major location is typically the woods that are usually in the southern portion of the map. When you take OoT and match it up with WW then the location of the Great Deku Tree is relatively in the same place, like Death Mountain to Dragon Roost. In TP, Hyrule Castle is moved to a more central location and the Temple of Time is now found in Faron Woods. This makes things a little difficult to place considering that temples have a hard time just moving. The most logical thing to say on that is that the forest became overgrown and took over castletown but that just adds to the complication of why isn't the mountain overgrown? It's difficult to explain logically as there really isn't any logic behind it.

Also, when you take ALttP's map and rotate it a little to match up everything, Lake Hylia, and Death mountain mainly, then that map also coincides with the basic setup of the world map, with the exception of the forest now being in the northern portion of the map and not the southern. The forest moves around the map a lot, making it a big nuisance when trying to place certain things and make sense of others. It's very confusing and illogical to some degrees. It's instances like this where you gotta just go with it.

As for Hyrule Castle being in the middle of the lake? You have to remember that Hyrule in WW is destroyed. Whenever walking through the field at the end of the game, remember that everything is in shambles and the ground itself is cracked all to hell. It wouldn't be a stretch to think that during the initial flooding that some water was trapped around the castle itself or that the acquifers erupted and caused some flooding as well. As for the idea that it's Lake Hylia? If they kept with the consistency of the maps... then no... the castle would not be on the lake. I'd say it's just coincidence and decoration that there was water around.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Considering that Hyrule Castle is always near the center of the map, Wind Waker's main geographical view was probably moved over to the left some, and maybe up a little. WW's Hyrule wasn't completely shown anyhow, so we couldn't know exactly where the castle was placed. In all likelihood it stayed where it was in TP, or more credibly, Ocarina of Time, if we go off the timelines.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Even more notable than the lake that surrounds the castle in WW is the room beneath the castle. It houses the Master Sword and greatly resembles the Chamber of Sages (even down to the stained-glass depictions of the sages). This was the main feature of the Temple of Time. Hyrule Castle was destroyed in OoT, so they had to rebuild somewhere. I think that the evidence suggests that they simply moved into the ToT, remodeling it to become the new castle. The lake then comes from the large crater left behind when Ganondorf destroyed the old castle, and the ruins around the lake are the remains of Hyrule Market. Matching up geography, Lake Hylia should be far to the SW anyway.

Looking at TP, Hyrule Castle wasn't destroyed. It's possible that the ToT was though (Ganondorf doing "something outrageous"). Looking at geography again, it's more likely that the ToT moved than the castle moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom