• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Castle in WW Was the Temple of Time?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I have a theory that Hyrule Castle in WW was built over the site of the Temple of Time in OoT. Since it's implied that WW takes place hundreds of years after the adult ending of OoT and I always wondered why the Master Sword was in Hyrule Castle, I tought I'd make this connection...

In OoT's "adult" Hyrule, Hyrule Castle is destroyed with Ganon's Tower taking its place. So for Hyrule Castle to even exist in WW, it must have been rebuilt. Considering that the Master Sword lies in the basement of WW's Hyrule Castle and only the "chosen one" (Link) can remove the blade, I believe that the Temple of Time was demolished, except for the Master Sword (which OoT/MM Link returned to go back in time) and pedestal. WW's Hyrule Castle was simply built around the Master Sword.

There are even similarities between WW's Hyrule Castle and the Temple of Time, such as the Door of Time/Hero of Time statue, both of which seal the Master Sword chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom