• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Humans or creatures?

Zelda has almost always had humans and creatures as sociable NPCs. You can talk to a human just as much as you can talk to a Goron or Zora.

Though are you expecting BotW to have the same mix up of NPCs?

In SS the human characters were pretty much all on Skyloft and the surface was populated by mostly creatures.

Its hard without knowing where BotW goes in the timeline but do you think we'll have equal numbers humans and creatures or do you think we'll have far more than one over the other?

Last edited:
I would rather prefer it that the majority of the npcs, outside of settlements or whatever, were just prominent characters who are part of the monster clans you encounter. If they really wanna do some throwback to the classic NES game, give us some friendly moblins who help us out if we offer them food. Link even cooks in this game. Even better. Yeah, buddy.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda has almost always had humans and creatures as sociable NPCs. You can talk to a human just as much as you can talk to a Goron or Zora.

Though are you expecting BotW to have the same mix up of NPCs?

In SS the human characters were pretty much all on Skyloft and the surface was populated by mostly creatures.

Its hard without knowing where BotW goes in the timeline but do you think we'll have equal numbers humans and creatures or do you think we'll havr far more than one over the other?
One of the (many) things I disliked about Ss was the lack of settlements. I enjoy visiting different towns and tribes but in that game NPC creatures were often lonely things in the over world with no real societies.

In BoTW villages were removed from the demo but in the first reveal trailer we see some farmer looking folk in traditional rice picking hats. I think and hope there will be quite a few human settlements similar to what we see in TP along with the usual creatures. I think with this huge game we will see new versions of Zora's domain and Goron City as well. Though the world will not be densely populated, this is a post apocalyptic world and will be similar to fallout in terms of how frequently you run into another sentient being and there will be huge areas of open space without a settlement in sight.

What about you Spirit? Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'd like for there to be a healthy mix of humans to other creatured.
I'd like to see human settlements and creature settlements with npcs to interact with in both cases.

It would be neat if you could ally yourself with creatures that would typically be considered enemies such as bulbins and would have quests to do for enemies. It would make for a diverse set of interactions that would really help build the world.

That being said, I'm not expecting those kind of relationships being explored as thoroughly as fallout where you can literally join the different factions.

What about you Spirit? Please share your thoughts.

Well, since you asked so nicely. Id actually like more humans scattered around the world than creatures. Id like creatures but id rather them be in their natural habitats, unlike that roaming Goron in SS and Mogmas that pop up from nowhere.

Itd make the world feel more believable (unlike SS).

Reactions: Dio
I would like more human characters, and I want to see them living lives as seen in Majora's Mask. Also having a few travel between towns with the ability to run into them in the field would be nice.

I would like to see creatures too, but as Spirit said I want to see them where it makes sense. And if they are out of their natural habitat, they should have a good reason.

Very few people would be a nice change, particularly in adding the "wild" to the game. Plus it would also sort of make sense for Link to be completely silent/speak few words.

One of the highlights for the Zelda games for me are the human villages, which I suppose started back in Zelda 2. I think the outer world should be wild and dangerous and filled with creatures, so reaching a village provides for a respite.

I would also like some settlements, preferably more than just two. It always bugged me in games that had only a couple settlements in all of Hyrule. I get that population and size needs to be scaled down and that, if I was to imagine how it would Really Be, what we see in the game is only representative of a much greater body of citizens, but still. Villages please!

Like Spirit said, Hylians spread all over and non-Hylian friendly races residing in a specific region sounds the best. I expect (hope) that the number of Hylians vastly outweighs the number of non-Hylian friendlies. If it didn't because of a post-apocalyptic "humans have been largely removed and nature (including natural creatures) has resumed control of the earth" reasoning, though, I'd be okay.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
So far all we've seen are the Koroks and the Old Man, so suffice to say, its probably going to be a healthy mix of both, depending on where you are on the map.

I have a feeling the first world you open in will be very sparse with NPCs, aside from said old man and Koroks, and there might be an entire region that's just a city, or at least ruins of a city that is more densely populated than other places on the map. I expect a lot of the city/ruins to be populated by humanoids, and the more rural areas, like caves and lakes and such, will be populated with Gorons and Zoras, and hopefully some new creatures we've never seen before.

What I'm really interested to see, honestly, is if they make Zoras the friendly NPCs like they were in OoT and beyond, or if they're gonna go old school and make them hostiles like they were in ALttP and prior.

Aku

I'd like for there to be a healthy mix of humans to other creatured.
I'd like to see human settlements and creature settlements with npcs to interact with in both cases.

It would be neat if you could ally yourself with creatures that would typically be considered enemies such as bulbins and would have quests to do for enemies. It would make for a diverse set of interactions that would really help build the world.

That being said, I'm not expecting those kind of relationships being explored as thoroughly as fallout where you can literally join the different factions.
I think this pretty much sums up what I'd like too. One thing that always intrigued me in the first game (and also in ALBW) is that you had non-violent NCPs of enemies. I'd love to see more of these guys, because it makes the game world feel more real then just simply enemy=bad and that's it. Also doing side quests for 'enemy' NCPs would be totally awesome too, because it gives us more races to potentially see developed.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I would like to see a return to the time when the Deku were a reclusive band of shrubs living out in the deep forest as they were in OoT. I think it would be great to have some kind of a call back to it at least. We got use to Deku in MM and everybody seemed to be familiar with them but I'd love to see them the way they were in OoT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom