• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hugging

Salem

SICK
I rarely hug, in fact I don't remember when the last time I hugged, I would like one...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It depends. If someone gives me a hug I hug them back. I don't really mind. If that makes someone feel better why not?
On the internet the hugs are very easy because it is not real but it can give a person a better feeling so why not?

It depends. If someone gives me a hug I hug them back. I don't really mind. If that makes someone feel better why not?
On the internet the hugs are very easy because it is not real but it can give a person a better feeling so why not?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
In high school, I used to hug my friends for greetings and farewells. I still give farewell hugs. I also hug certain coworkers if they initiate it. I hug my fiance all the time. 90% of the time I use both arms.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Actually, I really love to hug others. When they feel down, I ask them if they want a hug so I give them one. I really love to be hugged too, because its sort of like a medicine to make you feel better once more.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I think it's nice to have a hug, but at the same time, they are awkward xD I usually don't extend my arms out first. I'm too nervous to :P The only person I try to openly hug is Sadia, and I just do it because I feel bad/am worried for her, or to annoy her xD She freaks out every time :yes: They are only rare occasions where she lets me, and even rare when she extends her arms out first xD

Really, the first time I hugged someone who wasn't my family, often enough, was in Grade 9 xD My friend, Diana, would hug me at times when we leave. I never extended my arms first, and felt awkward every time xD I don't know what happened with Sadia. She's just lovable :rolleyes:

When I get hugged, I usually hug with 2 arms, or maybe one. I don't know, I'm too awkward to notice xD It's usually them hugging me, and me standing there thinking 'What just happened?' or me awkwardly putting my arms around them too, but so slightly that I won't be surprised if they didn't notice xD When I hug people, it's with both arms :P

Who would I love to hug and hug on a daily basis? Mathias :3 I don't want to hug Sadia every day. I probably do once a week or something. But I want to hug Mathias every day :3

Edit: Oh, yes, hugs help a lot when you're feeling down :yes:

Last edited:

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
I hug my mom sometimes. I think that's enough.

When I get hugs from someone I sorta know it's awkward. But when it's someone I've known for a while then it's a not-so-awkward hug.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I love a good cuddle!

I always hug my friends to say goodbye and hello and stuff, and of course my family and boyfriend. It's just nice. :P It's affectionate! And especially if your feeling down, a hug is sometimes just what's needed!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It's funny, one of my flatmates is french, and he went to a party with some colleagues where people were being friendly and hugging one another, and he pretty much described it as if he had just witnessed an orgy. He views hugging as something really intimate and personal, but at the same time he's perfectly fine with kissing complete strangers on their cheeks, something that I really view as intimate and personal and would only reserve it for close family (I don't even kiss friends on the cheek). I personally love hugs, and I hug friends, family, colleagues, even occasionally hug or get hugs from patients, and whenever I meet my some of my favourite actors I tend to ask if I can have a hug (and most of them are happy to do so). If I know someone doesn't like hugs, I will of course respect that. And I hug with both arms, the big bear hugs are the best ones :)

Clank

Hmm
It depends, how much do I like the person on the other end, most people I will just shove away, but if we are close enough I will hug you(not in public though)

My friends at home in Louisiana are probably all way more comfortable with each other than I imagine most people are. Hugging is part of our natural routine. If it someone I've just met, I would probably only give a short hug. If it is someone that I've known for a little while, probably a more drawn out hug. If it is one of my very close friends, definitely a very drawn out hug (especially since I don't see them often now). And I'm not talking "bro-hugs" where we slap each other on the back and hug kind of ironically or act tough about it or whatever.

I recently moved to California, and aside from the fact that I haven't made many friends, I'm always kind of unsure whether or not people are comfortable with hugs. I'm a pretty shy person, but hugs are so instinctual to me that I feel weird not giving them...but I also feel weird approaching people with them. So, I'm in a bit of hug deficit at the moment.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Fricking one arm side hugs -_- the most pointless and stupid thing in the world

I personally love giving people hugs, I mean I don't just grab every person I see, but there's absolutely nothing uncomfortable about it to me, and I like it :P It feels nice, even if it's someone I barely know

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I hug people all the time! Assuming I actually like those people, of course XD

Although, if some random person came up and hugged me, I'd probably be a little bit disturbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom