• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How would you like Nintendo to tease the game from now on?

Like, I would be totally fine with some artwork untill the switch presentation in two weeks, and then them dropping one last trailer with some nice overview shots and story bits. End the trailer with a final release date and then go silent.

I just don't want anything spoiled like they did with Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Skyward Sword was all spoiled, they showed every area and dungeon before release. I don't want a repeat of that but this particular game is so big that they can afford to at least show us a PROPER dungeon and give more information on the story. And that is exactly how I want the game shown from now on, gameplay of a dungeon being completed along with the fight with a dungeon boss. Oh and I also want the intro cutscene revealed.

Right now I don't feel they have shown enough to get me really hyped. After Suckward Swords letdown I find myself less able to get excited for this new game so I really want to see something to change that.

We;ve already had the teaser demo, now we will get all the info at the keynote on the 13th January. Past that we'll get nothing till launch.

We;ve already had the teaser demo, now we will get all the info at the keynote on the 13th January. Past that we'll get nothing till launch.

History says otherwise. The closer you get to launch, the more stuff they release to continue building hype. The nice thing is, this game is so big they could show us 50% of it before launch and we'd still be completely taken aback by all the things we don't know. Yay open world games!

History says otherwise. The closer you get to launch, the more stuff they release to continue building hype. The nice thing is, this game is so big they could show us 50% of it before launch and we'd still be completely taken aback by all the things we don't know. Yay open world games!
BotW has not followed Zelda history at all. The demo was 2% of the game and even that 2% had elements removed as not to spoil the feel of the game when you play it. I do agree there will be more info probably betwen now and launch (especially at the Jan 13 Switch event). But revealing a lot fo the game? I don't think there's a need. The hype is there without it.

Thank you for all your posts about BotW and other things. I appreciate it.

To come back at the overview trailer, I would really love something like a feature overview they do for World of Warcraft (just YouTube Legion: extended preview) Where there is a small story narative, overview shots and the names of all zones and dungeons and some extra shots of new items or gameplay elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom