• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Well Do You Know Your Neighborhood? How Far Do You Travel Within Your Area?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dual question thread yup yup. Exactly as the title says.

I was inspired to create this because, for the first time in my 17 years of living at my residence, I traveled by bike into the "other half" of the neighborhood. You'd think that I had gone down my entire street before, but nope! Never had until this day with my kid brother.

That being said, I don't know my neighborhood at all! xD

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, I am quite familiar with everybody that lives in our apartment building.

I don't really live in what you might call a "neighbourhood" since I live in the middle of a highly populated city block. I pretty much know everybody around the block though.
As for how far I travel withing my area, I think I've been everywhere in town before (my town's not very big)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My neighborhood is really small.

I know about everywhere in my neighborhood and I have been around my entire neighborhood many times.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
My current neighborhood or my childhood neighborhood?

My childhood neighborhood I know very well, all the kids played together often and had larger group activities all the time (playing hide and seek, playing soccer, basketball, etc), and during my childhood I would wander all over the place. I lived on the smaller of two islands (but just 10-20 meters apart from each other and the main island - my entire hometown was set on a series of close together islands, lol) so there was the neighborhood which had about 30 houses in total (and the people living there are pretty close knit, there are some new faces there now that I don't really know, but then again I haven't lived there in the past 12 out of 13 years), and a lot of nature, which we kids would go all over more or less on our own. Then there were the other neighborhoods close by where we would go and play with other kids, so it was pretty usual to move around.

My current neighborhood is a place I've just lived for almost a year. I've worked in the area for the past 4+ years, so I've gotten to know some of it geographically at least. I've gotten to know the area more since moving here, but since I now live in one apartment among 160, I only know a couple of my neighbours, and not overly much, just had some minor conversations here and there when I've run into them.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I know my neighbourhood well. It's kinda small, though. I know a lot of people and there are a few sundry shops around. My area is quite adventurous, because it's just beside a forest.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I know it very well! The estate's quite friendly. Most people all go to the same schools and colleges, and hit the same places in town so you tend to know everyone by at least name, but there is the bad side where all the horrible people go, whereas I love in the good area. ;) We haven't had any little street-party for a while, though. Once someone put all the wheely bins across the road, so cars didn't just murder everyone and come down the street, and people brought out table and food and we all had a lovely time meeting and greeting and having a nice time! Big street party, it was really funny. Met some nice people in the street I'd never done so before either.

Anything's better than where I grew up of course. :P When any car's not parked inside a garage would have their wing-mirrors kicked off. We can park on the street and not have the car stolen or vandalised. <3 I've really made it in life!

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I live in the country, so anyone that would be considered a neighbor lives a few miles away. Despite this my family and I actually do know and socilize with the other farm owners, and we know quite a few people who live in a near by town as well.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I live in London, so I don't know the whole city very well. I mean, travelling from one side of this city to another is like an expedition to the north pole, or might as well be. But in my area, it's split down the middle. I live in the rough part and always have, so I'm not intimidated by it all even though there's gang problems etc, I know everyone by reputation at least and know who to stay away from. Nobody in London really talks to their neighbours but my street is pretty good, like my next door neighbours have lived here since the estate was built and my mum has lived here for 28 years, so our families know each other really well. There are a few old families like that around.
But the rest of the area is generally quite well off and has been increasing in affluence over the past few years. I know those parts really well too, but to be fair, I can still easily get lost as a lot of the streets look exactly the same. It's easy to get around London though with the tube and so on, so it's easy to get to know other places.

I also lived in Canterbury, Kent, for a little while. It's a nice town, a lot smaller than London, very old and beautiful. I got to know my way round after like a week haha.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
As a child, there were two other houses on my street and I got to know the kids pretty well. Since I have moved out, and live on my own, I don't know my neighbors well at all. They are all in different stages of life than I am, so I don't have much in common with them outside of being neighbors. I'd like to get to know them all better, though, so we can help each other out and better the neighborhood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom