• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Was TWW Good?

W

Wyndfyre

Graphics = awesome. (Nobody dare scream "cartoony!" at me, they're smooth and fit the game perfectly.)
Music = amazing.
Difficulty = meh.
Sailing = meh.
Sidekick = awesome.
Characters = amazing.
Plot = epic.
Overworld = huge and promising. (Seriously, take away the looong sailing and bask in the humongous glory of the Great Sea.)

Overall, Wind Waker is an amazing game minus the bad points.

@PhantomTriforce:
...you must be kidding when you said overrated.
Even if it was a pretty easy game, that's where the huge overworld + exploration possibilities--and, well, pretty much everything else, too--came in.

W

Wyndfyre

Wow, you guys make it sound like the best game in series. (Wants to buy it now...) Is a brand new copy of the game rare? How much?
I certainly think so. I may have my nostalgia goggles on though, it being my first Zelda game, maybe even video game in general. I was really young when I first saw it.

Anyway, checking on Amazon it looks like it's 60 bucks for a new game, and about 20 for a used one. Good luck getting it and have fun playing it if you do.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I saw Wind Waker going for 14 dollars at GameStop if that helps. I don't imagine it would be too hard to find at a used games place. I think it would be harder to find brand new though. Maybe on eBay if you're lucky.

Anyway, my favorite thing about Wind Waker was Ganon. He was easily my favorite reincarnation of Ganon out of the lot.
He had good motives, to the point where you almost sympathize with him despite his maliciousness.
Plus it introduced the adorable Toon Link. Say what you want, but I love the little guy.
:P

I saw Wind Waker going for 14 dollars at GameStop if that helps. I don't imagine it would be too hard to find at a used games place. I think it would be harder to find brand new though. Maybe on eBay if you're lucky.
I checked when I was there. They are going out of buiseness were I am at, so they had all games for a discount which explains the lowered price. When I went, they did not haveany good games left... I checked for everything including that.

F

Falcool

The exploration sense with all of the islands is completely new to Zelda, and me, like most people, loved it. You could just warp if you don't like sailing. The gameplay is fun and easy, with a lot of cool items. The dungeons are pretty good too, with the tower of the gods being pretty special compared to dungeons in earlier titles, and that you have to sneak through the forsaken fortress one time is pretty cool awesome. Just that is a big enough reason for people to love the game. Don't fprget the awesome music!

W

Wyndfyre

Anyway, my favorite thing about Wind Waker was Ganon. He was easily my favorite reincarnation of Ganon out of the lot.
He had good motives, to the point where you almost sympathize with him despite his maliciousness.
<333 Yes, definitely.
He was amazingly awesome. Especially his laugh. You can't beat that laugh.

Kybyrian

I think The Wind Waker was one of the better Zelda games. I like how the theme was almost entirely changed. The sailing could be boring, yes, but at least you weren't as stupid as me and sailed ALL THE WAY FROM WINDFALL TO FOREST HAVEN WITHOUT A SAIL AND BACK. I loved the theme of the game, a flooded Hyrule with islands scattered around everywhere, it was a great new twist from what is basically the same thing over and over again. Some of the islands were pretty cool, and I enjoyed traveling and sometimes finding treasure and the like. The dungeons were actually pretty fun, too. Easy or not, I enjoyed them.

K

Kerny

I'll start with the criticism. My two grips with the Wind Waker were it's difficulty, and the sailing aspect. The sailing was a blessing and a curse. There were so many islands to explore, so many secrets to uncover. But the constant sailing also grew pretty old, especially with the infamous triforce shard quest. In regards to the difficulty of the game, well simply put TWW was just too easy. Even when things might be starting to go badly, never mind! Just kill an enemy and smash the orb it drops for a zillion hearts.

However, The Wind Waker is still a great game. The dungeons were well designed. The music and the cel-shaded graphics were amazing, and the atmosphere was superb because of it. For example, sneaking through the fortress early on in the game was just plain awesome. The gameplay was similar to any other Zelda game, techincally the controls were much improved over Ocarina of Time. The story of TWW was good, but personally I think it was the general atmosphere of the game that really pushed it into being a great game.

E

Emera

Here's some reasons why I loved that game.

I LOVED the story, probably my favorite or close to it. I thought the humor was great. That game was always making me laugh.
Yeah, I thought the dungeons were kinda easy, but they were fun. Tons of cool items in that game, like the grappling hook. I loved how HUGE the overworld was, and that there were tons of things to explore and do. Also liked that if you didn't feel like sailing, you could use the Ballad of Gales. Another thing that was great was the music. And one last thing, I thought the graphics were amazing. I loved that cell shaded style and the expressions the characters always had. I just totally enjoyed it. The Wind Waker was an amazing game in my opinion.

R

Rikuide

I personally liked the art style - it was very vibrant. I also enjoyed the soundtrack to the game. On a whole it seemed to quite an upbeat game which wasn't too common at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom