• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How to Pronounce Fi

How do you pronounce Fi?

• Fee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fie

• Fay

• Other

• Total voters

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
If we wanted to be strictly etymological and assuming that her name is really derived from the letter Φ, then we'd have to pronounce it [pʰi] in Ancient Greek phonology (with an aspirated English "p", so like the word "pee", just a bit shorter .
I read Ancient Greek so the correct way must kind of correspond to this (from a western point of view. However, I pronounce it 'fee' just on the kind of reasoning that I have a friend called Fifi and thayt is pronounced feefee not faifai

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
I'm happy; PBG pronounces it like I do.

[video=youtube;yZUs03O5UMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZUs03O5UMM[/video]

2:28

I pronounce it "Fee." I actually voted for Fie (even though I said it like Fee when I was playing the game), but then I said Fee out loud and decided it sounded better.

Skunk

Floof
I just say Fie because if I say Fee my friend says," Fie Foe Fum ". Never thought of Fay.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I always just thought that Fie sounded better thanFi so that is how I decided to pronounce it regardless of how it is spelled. It also came from when I saw Phi for Fi.

O

OscarAndradeD

I'm sure it's pronounced "fay". Fi's name in Spanish is Fay and it's pronounced as written.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom