• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help How To Fix My Wii???

So the other day I find myself with something very unusual - free time. I plop in front of the couch, grab my Wii Remote, and press the Power On button. To my horror . . . nothing happens X.X

So I think maybe the remote is broke, so I go to turn the Wii on manually (I had to get up and walk a whole 5 FEET!), but even when I press the Power On button on the Wii itself, nothing happens.

I tried the eject button and it works, so the whole Wii isn't dead or anything. I tried putting a game in to see if that would turn it on however that failed. The yellow light is on and everything is plugged in . . . I have no idea what's wrong. Anyone have any ideas on what happened and how I could fix it?

Thanks!

This seems to be a common problem among Wii owners, according to several websites I came across yesterday. Unfortunately, I was not able to find a solution, and a rep on an official Nintendo forum website (whose exact name evades me at the moment) stated that each person who experienced any problems - much like yours - presented a unique issue that must be handled as such. It seems to me that you may have bricked your Wii. However, in order for that to be the case, you would to have had to have modded/hacked your Wii. My situation resulted from this.

Nah... There may be some faulty wiring or something. You should consult Nintendo Tech support for more details/info.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
What year did you buy your Wii and depending when, your GPU might be fried.

Or you bricked your wii, always make a nand backup. In your case, it might be too late.

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
try unplugging the power chord from the wii, and from the wall outlet, and letting it sit for two minutes before plugging the chords back in and trying again, it works everytime for me.

Rishian

The Meat Shield
If the plugging and unplugging does not work, visit the Nintendo technology website and contact them. A friend of mine had a similar issue, and one they verified that it was not modded or opened in any way (via him sending in his WII at Nintendo's expense) they shipped him a replacement at no cost to him.

Also, thought. Have you had lightening storms lately and do NOT have it plugged into a power bar. This is a common problem for people who do not understand how fragile electronics can be. ALWAYS make sure game systems are plugged into a power bar with surge protection!

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Try what chrisplushado said. If that doesn't work, send it in to Nintendo. I did that for when my disc slot broke.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I heard if you're very straight forward with Nintendo and pressure them, they'll replace your wii for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom