• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How the Harp Could Have Been Improved

The harp was definitely one of the worst instruments that have been included in a Zelda game by far IMHO. The strumming got tedious and boring and it was just rhythmic like a lot of people said. I would have to loved to be able to replay the songs as well because only being able to use them once or twice was a little disappointing. And what's sad about this is that the music in the game was so amazing, but the harp definitely did fall short when being compared to its predecessors!

I wouldn't have mind the harp so much if it wasn't for that accursed minigame. It took me 28 times until I finally beat it.

if they couldn't make it pluck able, then at least let you push a button to change octaves or something, just anything to give the play-ability more variety. have to admit, the funnest I've had with the harp is playing it during the credits-it was a little more freestyle and fit the the background music.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The controlls should have been improved, you should have been able to play a song more than once or twice and mabye they should have used a different instrument all together because it's not really easy to cary around a harp as it is with say an ocarina, but if you think about it link carrys around so much other stuff anyway.

I think the harp could've and should've been more like the spirit flute in Spirit Tracks. After selecting the harp, a bar of some sort would appear on the screen showing the different notes as the wiimote slides across the bar. It doesn't have to interrupt the flow of the game as long as the note bar is noticeable but not in the way like a targeting reticle.

I completely agree. Though I didn't mind the harp as much as many seem to, I still think it was a missed opportunity.

I

Ironknuckle

I was also disappointed by the harp, I don't read into games to much before I buy them cause I like to play the game with as little knowledge about it as I can so I didn't know what instrument to expect if any. I found having to learn and memorize the songs on Oot and MM much more enjoyable than mindlessly swinging the wii remote.

I don't think the harp was integrated the best it could have been, but making it a complicated button-and-strum would have just frustrated people. The harp's a difficult instrument to play, right? So maybe that's why Link just strums. :P

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I agree that the harp was disappointing. The music in SS was incredibly rupee, its just too bad we didn't get to play it ourselves. I don't know why Nintendo is straying away from individual notes (could be just experimenting) but I can say that I like actually learning songs and playing them whenever I feel like, not only when the atmosphere calls for it and having the song memorized for me.

R

Red Lion

I kinda wished there was opportunity to play the songs you learned more often... To hear "Song of the Hero" more than 2 or 3 times would have been awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom