• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How soon is too soon?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
We don't even decorate much anymore. And when we did it would probably be like mid December. Our tree for the past couple of years has been a mini Nightmare Before Christmas tree that we have hanging over our hallway, since it's hard to have a tree with cats. We keep some of our Halloween decorations up year round though.

I think after Thanksgiving is a good time for decorations. It doesn't even really start to feel like Christmas season til sometime after then to me. I just hate that stores have started to put out Christmas decorations in October (here at least), and they condense Halloween decorations to do it. Let me have Halloween, especially since Halloween stuff is barely even out for a whole month.

Magolor04726

Hum dee doo
I'm strictly wait until Thanksgiving afternoon AT LEAST to start decorating for Christmas. I feel anything else is too early. I love the season, don't get me wrong, but I think it can get overrated. What about y'all? When do you start?
There are some people on my street who put up Christmas decorations November 1.

Ninja

Well well well
Day after Halloween. It’s never too early. My wife’s culture begins celebrating in September because it’s the BER months. I love it. It’s the one time of year where barriers come down and people actually care about each other. The earlier we celebrate it the better.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Right after Halloween is the perfect time. I like to enjoy fall for awhile before everything gets too hyped up for Christmas.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Well it's happened. They're getting out the decorations. My mom has been saying that its been a tough year and everyone is ready for Christmas, and I get that, but what I really want is just normality. Ah well.

I told my parents that my present to them this year would be that I decorate the outside of the house, so that's not gonna happen for another couple of weeks. :shrugs:

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
The title puts me in mind of the Charmed theme tune....the good Charmed with the 'Ps' not the rubbish one with the 'Ms'....

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I don't think we're even putting up decorations this year. My personal Christmas Tree is still up from last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom