• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Serious Do You Take Games?

Fig

The Altruist
I'm quite competitive depending on the game. Even with games such as Super Mario 3D Land, I'm even competitive with such a simple game as the one mentioned. In the game, at the bottom of the level, it tells you how long it took to complete the level. When you play games that involve online play, players who also have the game will also show up in your records, depending how fast they completed the level. My goal is to have every single level gain a gold/yellow color for my fast run. So far I'm doing good. Only a records can top mine, but I easily beat them after practice of jump rolls and the ideal shortcuts you can use with the Super Leaf. Now don't get me started with Pokemon, as I'm extremely competitive in the game so much, that I will get depressed if I lose and spend weeks on getting better. This goes along with anything I am competitive in, whether it is Super Mario fast runs, Pokemon, or other games that I'm involved with such as the Yu-Gi-Oh! card game that I always talk about and still play as a hobby...

I take games a little too seriously sometimes. I get into the game too easily, and I tend to get competitive with myself. This mostly applies to games that are difficult for me.

Do I aspire to be the best at the games I play? Not really, but they are a legitimate source of happiness for me. I would think that means I actually take them pretty seriously.

i can be competitive and i would consider myself to be a hardcore gamer but really i don't take video games that seriously. i play them to escape as well as to use them as an outlet.

ProtagonistJake

Shepard
I consider them a form of art like Movies, Sculptures, paintings, etc.

And considering I want to be a Game Dev when I get older, so I could bring children and adults the same great experiences I got as a kid and young adult, and will continue to give me as I grow.

So yeah I take them pretty seriously, and have a passion for them.
But at least it's with good reason right?

Right?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Games are just something I look as boring-time-killers. They are just games to distract me or make me feel better when I am feeling bored or something. So I don't really take gaming too seriously. I do get into a game every once in a while if it is good, but at the end I will always know that it's just a game I am playing to pass time or unbore myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom