• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Old is Link if He is Gonna Be the Oldest?

Majora's Cat

How about that
I agree with FierceDeity. Link will probably resemble that of OoT, a more generic hero character. You know, the strong silent type. Link from TP was cool, but even though he was 16, he seemed very gentle - I want Skyward Sword Link to be more like OoT Link... except with maybe a little more character.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I hope he is this Old.
OldLink-1.png

Jk, But I do hope he is around 20. Like older or younger would be totlly fine with me.
A hero deserves to be mature enough to handel an adventure, and that's imporant. I am exicted to see how Link will react to difernt situations in that game.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I figured one out of two things would happen: Link was 'older' as in his age, or Link was 'older' as in the time period. I think the 2nd option occured. SS Link looks as if he is 15-16 to me. Maybe I'm not up to date, but that's just me. In the artwork with him slashing the sword, he looks about the same age as TP Link, but in-game, he looks younger. I'm hoping he is around 20 this time, I want SS to at least show a small snippet of romance between him and Zelda. His personality can be like OoT Link.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Usually, with brighter colors, it becomes more difficult to determine ages by just looking at characters.. For example is many Disney characters. Many of the girls are only around 16, but they look old enough to be legal. >_> With some Disney males, some look younger than their age (Aladdin looks 16 when he is 18) while others appear to be older than their age (Beast looks 23-25 as a human but he's 21). Because of bright colors and styles that lean to animated looks rather than realism, we get the "exaggeration" that the creators have been talking about. So, with exaggeration of styles comes exaggeration with characters' physical features. This is why it's a little hard to tell how old SS Link might be just by looking.

Also, the in-game art never matches up with the hand-drawn art. Remember that cool picture for TP with half-Link, half-wolf-Link? That Link looks in his twenties in hand-drawn art, but he's only 16! With SS, the hand-drawn art he looks.... 23,24? But he is probably younger. I don't think they would make him mucher older than 18. Any older, and he becomes too much of a man. It's always a story about a boy, remember? He might be a young child or an older teen, but he's always somewhat still a boy. Making him in his twenties would probably make him lose that innocence that's always left in tact. Maybe that might work for another T-rated game in the future, but I don't think it'd work well this this art style.

I really don't think he'll be in his twenties, probably just 18 or 19.

I'm thinking he's gunna be 21. Why? So he can drink Chateu Romani! No...I'm kidding. I think that because it's just 4 years older than Adult Link in Ocarina of Time. But that's just an estimate. It might begin on his birthday, and he's out wandering, like in Wind Waker, then something happens that's tragic (like in Twilight Princess), then he's forced to travel between lands.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
i think he would probably be 17-18 because if OoT link was 17-18 shouldn't thi one be the same. Also, i Hope that Link is more of a mix between ooT and TP. i believe it should be a mix because TP's Link was very cool in my opinion, and he should be gentle, because he is the hero chosen by the goddesses, but he had TOO much character. what i mean by this is that He had so much attachments to the other characters, and rather than being someone who does whatever he wants and messes while saving hyrule, he just wanted to save his friends. Whilst OoT Link wasn't really too concerned about other people and wouldn't go to great heights to save them, but He DID seem like he still cared about Malon, Epona, Zelda, etc. and would just do his own thing and save hyrule on his own time. i think that the mix should be that he is Gentle like in TP but doesnt get attahced to anyone througout the game. like maybe he feels sad when he parts with a friend from the game, but doesnt worry about them throughotu the game.

Also, am i the only one who noticed the lack of NPCs in the Demo?

D

Doosra

Mid 20s I think. Has to be older than Adult Link and Twilight Princess Link.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Kratosfan said "also am i the only one who noticed the lack of npcs in the demo?" ..... it's just a demo lol!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
He can't be too old. I'd say around 16, that's what his voice sounds like. I wonder if Nobuyuki is coming back to voice him.
---
Hopefully he'll be old and mature enough to finally get a date, I really wanted Link and Zelda to be in some sort of relationship ever since OoT. I'm voting for 16-20, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom