• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Will YOU Use First-Person View?

How Frequent Will Your First-Person View Use Be?

• Very Frequently

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When Needed

• Scarcely

• Total voters
It's been confirmed by Kotaku.com that Skyward Sword will not only have the ability to look around in a First-Person view, but to actually walk around in it. I don't know how I feel about this yet, it's pretty much a to-each-it's-own kind of thing, but I'm curious to see how people will use this function. I feel first-person is great to enjoy and appreciate the beautiful art style, but what could walking around in it actually do for the game play aspect of it? Thoughts on this? How often will YOU use it?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Not very often, I should think. I'd like to try it out when fighting a few times, but I prefer seeing my movements when playing.

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I think it's great that Nintendo's basically allowing the gameplay to be changed to the players preference (point of view, the HUD, etc.). However, I won't be using the first person. I find it much easier to see what my character is doing, and I like to see what's going on around the character. I may try it sometime (after I've beaten the game) just to see what it's like in a Zelda game, and for a challenge.

Wow, don't go jumping the gun now! Nothing has been said about actually doing anything in FP mode.
It's probably just to look around, not fight or anything. Especially since it uses the pointer to control the camera.

I was really excited by this. Should be great for immersive exploration. I probably won't use it for puzzles or enemies though...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
You can walk around in FP and use the bow, but that's it. I'm not sure I'll use it much.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Even if all we're able to do is use the bow and dowse in FPS, I'll still find myself using it fairly frequently. I could careless about admiring the scenery, I just want to get alternative views of the game world! There is a saying that has to do with sight beyond sight or something of that sort, and I believe FPS mode will grant me said sight beyond my already cruddy sight.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
I don't think i'll use it more than once or twice, it wold seem too much like that cool game, Mine Craft.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think you can only walk in 1st Person while using the Dowsing System, but that may just be an assumption of mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, I don't see the point in doing it most of the time, as we still can't attack while in 1st Person, so what would be the point of it? I'm also assuming we can't do things like dash, as well (or maybe even run). That especially goes if it's only usable with the Dowsing System. Anyway, I personally won't use it unless necessary (i.e. the Dowsing System). Sure, I may use it for fun every now-and-then, but I'm not going to try to make the game as much of a 1st Person game as possible.

I think you can only walk in 1st Person while using the Dowsing System, but that may just be an assumption of mine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well kotaku.com, like many other big-name websties, got to play the intro of SS for a few hours, and they said right when they got outside (obviously before getting the sword) they were able to view everything in first-person while walking, so I'm assuming you can use it outside of dowsing, but like many have said, probably not in battle

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, if it's enabled for everything, I'm going to try both views and see which one works better with the new controls. It's possible that with the new Wiimote swinging, it will feel more natural to use First-person, and third-person won't work well. I like third-person view traditionally, of course, but I won't use it if a different mode works better.

If it's only enabled for certain items, I'll probably just use it with those items when it's practical, and not the rest of the time. I'm really not picky, I just want to play the game the way as close to the way it was meant to be played, as I can. I want to have fun. :)

Based on the footage we've seen, though, I don't think Nintendo really intended for the game to be played like an FPS. I think they would have shown more of that mode or talked about it by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom