• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How much do you play games you hate?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Spawned by a discussion my friends and I were having: I don't particularly like elden ring even though I've put well over 500 hours into it by now. My friends seem to think this means I can't dislike the game, because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't play it. But my perspective is that I have to play it to actually know exactly how much I like it, or more specifically I have to play it to know what the game does well vs poorly

do you agree? Disagree? How much do you play games you hate?

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
Eh hem. GRAMMAR PLEASE?! How MANY games...

Ignore my grammar rant.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Eh hem. GRAMMAR PLEASE?! How MANY games...

Ignore my grammar rant.
no, it's how much lol

trust me, I'm more of a grammar nerd than anyone here, even tho I speak pretty informally I rarely if ever use the wrong word grammatically

I'm a bit looser on comma splices and whatnot on forums as well

Bowsette:
but what if the last 97 hours of the game are the best thing you've ever experienced?

Spawned by a discussion my friends and I were having: I don't particularly like elden ring even though I've put well over 500 hours into it by now. My friends seem to think this means I can't dislike the game, because if I didn't like it, I wouldn't play it. But my perspective is that I have to play it to actually know exactly how much I like it, or more specifically I have to play it to know what the game does well vs poorly

I have the same stance with Breath of the Wild, I've put a lot of hours into it, especially towards the beginning portions, I never liked it enough to fully complete it. There's a lot of things I dislike about it, but there's something about it that just brings me back for some reason, and I can't put my finger on it. I don't fully hate the game, but there's a lot of issues I have with it.
Sly 2 on the other hand, it's a chore for me to even play. Even when I'm going through the original trilogy on the PS2, I always feel forced to play Sly 2 before going to Sly 3, after beating Sly 1. It's just not fun, Even though I like Sly 3 a lot. Sly 2 has an awesome story, but the gameplay is a slog, especially when going for a 100%. It's the one game I absolutely hate, and I tried to spend as the least amount of time on it as possible.

Malon

DBA DBA DBABA GF#G DB EF#E (If you know, you know)
no, it's how much lol

trust me, I'm more of a grammar nerd than anyone here, even tho I speak pretty informally I rarely if ever use the wrong word grammatically

Ohhhh I misread it. I though it said "How much games do you play that you hate?"

I'm gonna have to side with Mikey with this. It's like playing the tutorial of Twilight Princess and saying the whole game is boring and bland off of the first 3-4 hours of gameplay. Just because one aspect of a game is crap doesn't mean the entirety of the game is garbage.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
no, it's how much lol

Bowsette:
but what if the last 97 hours of the game are the best thing you've ever experienced?
If the first three hours are miserable then I assure you they will not be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom