• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How many times have you played it?

Since you got BotW how many times have you played it?
Count the times you’ve completed the run and the times you’ve bailed out before the end.
Think I’m on about 12 altogether now, can’t seem to leave it alone!

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I think I've completed it properly four times so far. Outside of that, my time is spent wandering around the doomed world. I tend to create new save files, play them for a long minute, then take a break. After said break, I repeat the process.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Once.
I tend to play through games less and less the older I get, mainly because of a lack of time to play them. But also even more so since I started doing youtube, as I like to keep the playthroughs as "blind" as possible.
I've still only played SS once as well, and ALBW

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've actually beaten Ganon twice, once for my first playthrough and a second time in a playthrough from last year.

I've started about four or five playthroughs, both completed and incomplete. One in Master Mode, but I've never touched that mode again cause it's not very fun, IMO.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Only once, and whenever I wanna revisit it I just hope back into my old save because of all my swag, I don't feel like restarting it at thos point.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Three times. My original playthrough where I got all the Shrines, did the Divine Beasts, Defeated Ganon, and then did all the DLC. I started a second Master Mode playthrough but only did a handful of Shrines and completed 2 divine beasts (Medoh and Ruta). Then there is the third playthrough I started last year where I ended up with a no death run, I will probably finish that one eventually to see if I can keep up the no death streak, but I imagine the Trial of the Sword will make it extremely hard.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
So far I've only beaten Ganon once. Same goes for all of my zelda replays actually, I never have the patience to play it all the way through to the end again. I did beat one of the divine beasts a second time, though. (Didn't have the energy to do the other three lol)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Since you got BotW how many times have you played it?
Count the times you’ve completed the run and the times you’ve bailed out before the end.
Think I’m on about 12 altogether now, can’t seem to leave it alone!

Two times. I didn't like my first play through tbh. It was really not what I was expecting or wanting from a Zelda game. Id just played FF15 which I adore as well. The game was also delayed to well past the Witcher 3s release so I was hoping they would see the kind of detailed side quests that could be done and take inspiration from that. No such luck.

The second time I knew what to expect so there was not the same disappointment when playing. I actually found some enjoyment from the experience, some of the puzzles and dungeons were fun. I can appreciate that Zora's domain is one of the prettiest areas in gaming. I liked some of the BoTW characters but again the development was just not there. I still think they should have added much more story elements to the main and side missions and having Ganon fightable from the beginning just means no plot twists are possible and this was a big detriment to the type of story that could be told. Weapon breaking was still annoying as hell and every find was either a weapon or a dumb korok poo. It could have been a great game and that's what gets me the most it just needed more story elements and meaningful rewards for exploration.

I don't think I'll play it again tbh as I don't think it's that satisfying, my problems with it are still there. I just hope BoTW 2 fixes the issues I had with the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom