• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How many attacks do you think Link has in BotW

Twilight Princess had Link learning new moves as the game progressed but BoTW seems to have a pretty battle ready version of Link.

In BoTW Link insantly knows how to use swords, axes, bows etc he has a few sword moves, my favourite being the death-from-above sword attack from the glider...

Do you think Link will leatn these on the go or do you tbink we'll discover them for ourselves as we experiment.

How many main moves do you think Link will have in BoTW.

By main i mean standing attacks like the shield bash, finishing blow and mortal draw, air attacks and perhaps under water atracks.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
A lot:

Because Link's whole move set changes with different weapons.

Short Swords
Claymores
Spears
Axes
Clubs
Bows
Fire Rods
electric rods

They all have different play styles and moves depending on each and every situation. So... Link is going to have a lot of moves as you get different weapons in the game.

I also think everything is going to be experimentation based, but you may unlock weapons that have even more unique moves like a shield bash.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Claymores and Axes have the same moveset and Clubs and Short Swords have the same movset. Also, I haven't seen the electric rod, but I'm fairly certain it's the same animation as the fire rod.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Lozjam has already listed some of the weapons we know are available that have different movesets. Those are just the known ones from the limited footage we have seen. There is likely a lot more weapon types in the game.

As for whether we will discover the moves for ourselves? I think yes and that's yes in the sense there won't be hidden skills like in TP. I think all weapons will have their movesets already there and it will be for the player to work out how best to use them.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Each weapon will be different. I'm thinking that there will be his generic moveset (think Oot) but add some combo attacks. Nothing like HW but maybe a slash slash slash big slash type thing. Attacks in midair could be a thing too. Say there is a keese, and you want to kill it. Jump off a small ledge and swing at it in midair. Maybe there will be attacks while swimming or shield surfing. Attacks while crawling. Maybe attacks while hangliding. These would all have their own moveset.

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
I'm willing to believe there are special techniques for each weapon type, although they are likely limited in comparison to the Hidden Skills.

Of course, I could be wrong on that account, there's a very real possibility that we'll get a wide variety of moves for usage on different situations, like on the middle of a jump, or crouching, or while blocking.

The Shield Bash is probably in though, if there's the Flurry Rush when dodging, maybe there's something similar when Shield Bashing at the correct moment?

I have no idea how far this could be taken, really, but there always is the possibility that attack variety for a weapon type is dependent on how frequently you use a weapon in a particular weapon class. Since they seem to be going in a more RPG-like direction, I figured I'd mention it. For example, the more you use pole-arms, the more proficient Link gets at using them and unlocks more combos for use with pole-arm combat or whatever.

Tibari

Rinkuji
I'd enjoy a system where you have to experiment things to find out special techs, like swinging after jumping or roll and stab etc etc
It seems Link will be able to do a lot of things, that would be neat to count how many moves Link can make depending on the weapon, the situation and the combo, once BotW releases.

HeroOfTermina

Obsessively checking this forum since 2015
I'm willing to believe there are special techniques for each weapon type, although they are likely limited in comparison to the Hidden Skills.

Of course, I could be wrong on that account, there's a very real possibility that we'll get a wide variety of moves for usage on different situations, like on the middle of a jump, or crouching, or while blocking.

The Shield Bash is probably in though, if there's the Flurry Rush when dodging, maybe there's something similar when Shield Bashing at the correct moment?

I believe I've seen Link perform a shield bash in a few clips, though I dont remember which one.

Tibari

Rinkuji
Yeah, and this might be the most badass move
76jUj091NbsrK.gif

Tibari

Rinkuji
But that would be stange because Link knows a move at the start of the game, the several slow motion hits. How does he know that move in particular and not other moves?

There isnt really a better thread for me to say this so i'll put it here.

I was watching gameplay of BoTW and speaking of attacks, ive only just noticed Link cant run and slash like he did in TP. I LOVED that feature!

Gutted its gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom