• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How long have you known your longest lasting friend?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
People tend to come and go throughout our lives, but there those few who will stick by us through it all. Or if not stick by us, they just kinda to stick around and we just happen to know them for a while. So the question here is in the title: how long have you known your longest lasting friend? Have you always been friends w/ this person or has it been on and off? Heck, do you see your friendship still being maintained in the years to come?

One of my friends I've known since 3rd grade. We're probably not as close as we used to be but we're definitely still in contact w/ each other. I only have one other current friend who I've known for a similar time [since 5th grade], most of my other friends are from high school onwards.

Ninja

Well well well
About 15 years. My best friend still lives in Florida, however we still keep in touch and always hang when we're in each other's towns.

No matter how much time passes we always continue on our conversations like it was yesterday.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My oldest friend recently moved several hours away. We used to be as close as it got, but after a few years he became homeschooled, and we got out of touch, despite him living right by me. Our interests changed, but when he came back to public school 4 or 5 years later, we got back to being friends, but not very close ones. After the move just a few weeks ago, I think that's the last I'll ever see or speak to him, therefore ending my friendship, but still being able to come back to it on DVD (Figuratively). Honorary discharge? We knew each other for maybe 11 years

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
when I moved to my new house that Im in today, I met a kid across the street who was homeschooled like me. we actually ended up going to the same Homeschool Co-op together (its like college but easier) and really spent all of our time together. we have since been like brothers to each other, hanging out, playing games and doing really everything together for much of our middle and high school careers. so I guess ive been friends with him for 12 years now. sure our relationship has been rough at times, we both do dumb things but the beauty of being a guy is that you can threaten to kill each other and then 5 minutes later you are bros again. recently, now that ive graduated and he still has one year to go, we both have jobs, and a lot of other things competing for our time, we have not been spending a lot of time together this summer. but we still go grab a bite and talk or go on a hike when we can.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I met one of my friends in 1st grade, so we've known each other almost 20 years now. We don't talk or hang out as much as we used to, but we still do some every now and then. I also have a friend from 3rd grade still. Again, we don't talk a lot anymore but I still consider her a friend and we catch up when we're able to.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I have a couple of friends from third grade that I'm still pretty close with. I lost touch with them in middle school (because I was the only person from my elementary school who went to my middle school), but we reconnected in high school and have been close again since then.

About 15 years. Though we've not been friends that whole time. We lost contact for a while.
I have not talked with anyone I went to school with in a long time. I haven't been in contact with any of them in well over 10 years.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm...

In terms of the friend I've stayed somewhat connected with the longest, that would be an old friend who I first met in pre-school. There were 3, and later 4, of us who hung out almost every day until I started going to a different school starting in 2nd grade. Only the girl in the group (and probably the one i was closest to) I've managed to connect with again lately, though we haven't dm'd in a little over a year and last time I saw her was I think back in 4th grade.

In terms of people I still see today, I actually recently ran into my old best friend when I brought my car in for a tune up (since he works at that shop). We met in 4th grade and were best friends all the way up until we graduated. For the first year after graduation, we still hung out every now and then but we weren't as close as we were before. I hung out with him twice last summer and have yet to this summer. We might soon but idk, we don't really talk anymore.

One of my other best friends from elementary school, who I started becoming close to in 5th grade, I just reconnected with yesterday when he came into my work. We were super close in elementary and the first few years of high school, hanging out often and even trying to design a Zelda game together. It's been a few years since we last really hung out, but he worked at 7-11 so I still talked to him fairly often even up to this past Christmas. Now he's a flagger though so I don't have that opportunity, so when I saw him yesterday we agreed to hang out sometime soon! So I'd say he's probably my oldest friend who I still see and talk to somewhat often. Most of my high school friends I'm not really in contact with anymore, and while I have some friends from way back in 3rd grade before I moved away on facebook, I don't really talk to any of them.

Stormageden747

Zofian General
I don't have really any friends I know in person. Though online it's a different story. There is one friend I have known him since August 2017, then another I've know since September 2017. I'm really bad when it comes to friends lol.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My longest lasting friend I have known for 20 years. They aren't my best friend anymore like in primary school, but they are my longest lasting. I'll probably always be friends with them.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was 4 we moved to a small village. I went to school there and befriended a girl who moved to another town like 4 years later. I bump into her very often and last week we met again and we befriended each other on FB. We talked about how long we've known each other. We know each other since 1978 so that makes it 40 years. I also am friends with my former neighbor from the same village. She was 2 when we first met (I was 6) and I also know her for 40 years. Her mother asks about me very often. I was just that lil girl back then.

Misty

Ronin
22 and 21 years of the same best friends. (They're sisters and less than a year apart). Yes, I've always been friends with them. We have pictures of me at the age of 2 and 3 holding them when they were just born. We've pretty much been thick as thieves since. Our parents have been friends since high school and we used to live in the same apartment building. We're all out of uni now and I expect we'll be best friends forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom