• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How Long Do You Think a Shield Will Last

I think its been said that the hylian shield will only take damage form magical attacks. Also since the shields have meters I think it depends on the strength of the hit. I think the wood shield would be instantly destroyed by fire(duh) and take about 25 weak hits. I think the iron would take about 50 weak hits.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Idk the amount of hits, but the Wooden Shield surely won't last that long. The Iron Shield I say will be pretty durable. And if what HoL said about the Hylian Shield only taking damage from magical attacks is true (which would make sense as to why that golden thing is around the meter), then that thing's gonna be super-durable (and super-expensive).

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
(and super-expensive).
The Hylian Shield has never cost more than a sum of rupees that one could muster up after the first visit to the first dungeon of the game, I don't see why they would bump it up now. As for number of hits if hits are really judged by their strength, I think the Hylian Shield could take a good number of them [50-100 'weak', 25-50 strong until it starts to dent in]. Considering in TP that only extremely strong hits (e.g from a Darknut's sword) could knock Link off balance [and that game was trying to be realistic], it wouldn't be unreasonable for 50 'strong' hits to dent the shield in because we DO know that the HS is just metal - metal bends and breaks no matter what kind. It may take some effort (which would be nice, near invincishield ftw!), but it will eventually happen.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The Hylian Shield has never cost more than a sum of rupees that one could muster up after the first visit to the first dungeon of the game, I don't see why they would bump it up now. As for number of hits if hits are really judged by their strength, I think the Hylian Shield could take a good number of them [50-100 'weak', 25-50 strong until it starts to dent in]. Considering in TP that only extremely strong hits (e.g from a Darknut's sword) could knock Link off balance [and that game was trying to be realistic], it wouldn't be unreasonable for 50 'strong' hits to dent the shield in because we DO know that the HS is just metal - metal bends and breaks no matter what kind. It may take some effort (which would be nice, near invincishield ftw!), but it will eventually happen.

Think about it. A shield that has the ultimate strength in the game. And remember how expensive it was in TP? (I think 200?) It makes perfect sense for it to cost a fair bit of money.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Think about it. A shield that has the ultimate strength in the game. And remember how expensive it was in TP? (I think 200?) It makes perfect sense for it to cost a fair bit of money.

This. To further support this, typically there are only two shields in a game - Wooden/Deku and the Hylian Shield (Mirror Shield doesn't count as it is a special case that isn't purchased). In Skyward, we have THREE classes of shield - Wooden, Iron, Hylian. All the more reason the Hylian will be more expensive and a commodity.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
200 rupees is easily mustered after beating the Forest Temple, believe it or not. But your point about the shield being the best (or is it? A fourth tier of shield isn't uncommon) does give it more leeway to being expensive. I'm just hoping it isn't up there with say, the Magic Armor before buying out that rich store. ^.^

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
200 rupees is easily mustered after beating the Forest Temple, believe it or not. But your point about the shield being the best (or is it? A fourth tier of shield isn't uncommon) does give it more leeway to being expensive. I'm just hoping it isn't up there with say, the Magic Armor before buying out that rich store. ^.^

I wouldn't be surprised, considering how tough it is.

I hope the hylian shield will be obtained trough a side quest, and not just bought from a store, on topic, i guess and hope that the shields will break quite often, so that getting the hylian shield is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom