• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How healthy is the Wii?

Do you think the Wii is healthy?

• Yes, I do.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
How healthy do you think playing the Wii is? You know, like Wii sports or any other physical games. I think it is healthy, but not the healthiest thing in the world, duh. What is your opinion?

octorok74

TETTAC
I guess it depends on what game your playing and if you get into it that determines if it is healthy or not. Overall, I think it is healthy.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Oh, healthy as in for people. Well since the Wii has some games that promote physical activity of some sort, a lot more than the other ones.

linkman8

True and Noble
Needless to say the Wii is healthy among gaming systems. It's the only one the really gets you up and moving, as apposed to sitting on the couch with a controller, in the same position for three hours.

G

gokid101

I think the wii has more non healthy games than healthy games, but it is the only system with games that are actually healthy. (Except for DDR)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
The wii has some healthy games, but I don't have any of them. So I still sit in my chair moving the controller a bit. That's why I vote that the wii is not healthy for me :p

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The only 'healthy' game I own is Wii Sports, and I think I usually play that sitting down. I don't know why, 'cause it's easier to play standing up.
Either way, it's definately more 'healthy' than other gaming systems for sure.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I think they are helthy (except for SSB:cool:. You don't move around for some. It all depends on the game you are playing.

A

Alkarius

Like many people stated, it's much healthier than sitting on your couch with a controller in your hand for 3 hours, the Wii gets you moving.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
Either way, it's definately more 'healthy' than other gaming systems for sure.

... but that doesn't mean it's really healthy. Comparing it to Xbox360, it's healthy for sure, but comparing it to a real physical activity like soccer, running, dancing, climbing, football, whatever, it's just awkward. You wont become slim with Wii Fit, you wont make muscles by shaking a controller.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Honestly, small wrist movements (which is all thats required for most wii games) aren't a huge improvement over the previous control method, so its not very healthy compared to actual exercise.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
... but that doesn't mean it's really healthy. Comparing it to Xbox360, it's healthy for sure, but comparing it to a real physical activity like soccer, running, dancing, climbing, football, whatever, it's just awkward. You wont become slim with Wii Fit, you wont make muscles by shaking a controller.
Hense me having the word in quotation marks. I know it's not going to do anything. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom