• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How hateful/biased/selfish are you

Dan

Many of us see ourselves as fair human beings we no itch of bias, I call those people delusional. We are all bias but some are more than others, now what about you?

Dan

How Selfish Are You?

How selfish are you, and don't reply “I'm not selfish” because everyone is sadly, however some more than others, so please tell me and are there any reasons to why it is at this such level?

Dan

How Hateful Can You Become?

Recently a friend of mine has become quite hateful to another human being, he is often frustrated and angry, My friend says he literally could not care less if said human being fell to the floor and died as this human being is unintelligent. It has even got to the the stage where my friend drop kicked this human being and tried throwing him into a dumper, I try to stay away from this friend, but the transformation he has for-took into this being of anger and chaos scares me at times, is this something within all of us?

I ask you all how hateful can you become, I hope not to the levels of my friend...

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'll admit that I, as a human being, have my faults and my perfections. My greatest flaw, perhaps, is that I am kind of selfish, but not too much. But I am, lol. Despite that, peeps tell me that my other attributes over shine that fault.

The First Noelle

Resident Miscreant
I feel that my biggest problem is selfishness, which I am fairly often. Sometimes I'm mad and just want my own way, or maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself and want to indulge in some self-comfort. And I guess occasionally I'm selfish without realising it until somebody points it out to me.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm a very selfish person, I am totally bias, and, although I'd like to say I'm not (rather I'd like not to be), I am hateful at times. But God forgives if I ask for it, and I do my best to veer away from those sins. ^^ And that's all God is asking. =)

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, it depends on what you mean. I'm not hateful towards any certain group, that's fur sure. But, I do have hatred for others. The difference is, that the reason behind it isn't stupid. If I hate someone, it's because of their ****ty personality. (Like if they are a judgmental ******) But I do NOT hate others for things they can not control, or other stupid reasons. (such as skin color, sexuality, or simple things such as interests.) Basically it's like this: If you don't do anything that's hurting others (emotionally, mentally, or physically), then I have no problem with you.

As for bias, yes, I have a little of that, but that's only because of my interests. And it's really not that "bad". What I mean is, I will like a person more easily if they like what I like. Now, that doesn't mean I like a person less for being different, NO, Not AT ALL, it's just that my interests make me like certain people more. But the margin is so small that it makes little difference. Obviously if a Japanese person were to be a dick to me, I would dislike them just as much as anybody else who was a dick to me. But that doesn't change the fact I have a slight liking towards Japanese, well, everything. I have much interest in Japan and that makes me slightly bias towards anything from Japan. But again, it's only slight. Other factors really determine my standpoint on certain things.

Selfish.... well, one could say in a philosophical thought, that everything we do could be for our own benefit, if not consciously, then possibly subconsciously. But that's for another time/place. So, by standard thoughts of what "selfishness" is, Yes, very much so. But that's just part of my nature. Most of what I do is for me and me alone. But it's not as bad as what others may think. Even though I put myself first for most things, that doesn't mean I don't compromise. But then again, with the way I think, I'm going based off of the idea that "everything I do is essentially to help myself"... So, if others looked at me, they might say I'm not selfish at all. The common idea of selfish might look at me and say otherwise, since I DO do other things for people... but that doesn't mean I'm not also doing it for myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I do things because I want to, not because somebody else wants me to. And in that regard, I'm selfish.

Skittles

Rainbows!
Only if it has to do with me. Since everything has to do with me, I'm certainly always selfish all the time and only think of me...Nothing like snark to start your day, eh?

But really, to determine the weight of one's selfishness and traits like this is really hard. I mean, I probably am a horrible judge of my own character and selfishness. I probably consider others more self-centered than they are, despite that I try to understand them. It's sad but it's human.

I'm completely unbiased though! You know, because I'm excellent like that. :p

Maikeru

Piper of Time
These words don't fit me too much. But I can't say I don't have them. I'm not a very hateful person at all. I'm more of the type to get frustrated with people than anything. But it takes a lot to make me hateful, per se.

I'm not a very selfish person either. Every once in a while I'll want something for myself, but I'm actually more of the helpful type. I'm the dude who gives people a ride to work and asks for nothing in return. I'm the dude who'll leave the house to put gas in a friend's car because they don't have money. If I'm playing a game however, I can be really selfish.

I'm also not that biased. When involved in arguments, I have my own thoughts of course, but I prefer to be the middle ground. Surely, I will state my opinion and why I think what I think, but I'm also the type to point out the flaws in my own mindset.

So, I am a little of these things, but not to a very high degree. What I actually am though is a literal narcissist. I think I'm better than everyone and am upset when I lose at anything. That comes with being a perfectionist.

I'm very selfish, I almost always look out for myself before anyone else, I try my hardest to not "run over people" in a sense. But if there's something I want I'll probably try to get it regardless of what anyone around me thinks and or what anyone around me needs. Which is bad as it caused a lot of people to not trust me, it's something I'm trying to change.

Dan

Selfish.... well, one could say in a philosophical thought, that everything we do could be for our own benefit, if not consciously, then possibly subconsciously. But that's for another time/place. So, by standard thoughts of what "selfishness" is, Yes, very much so. But that's just part of my nature. Most of what I do is for me and me alone. But it's not as bad as what others may think. Even though I put myself first for most things, that doesn't mean I don't compromise. But then again, with the way I think, I'm going based off of the idea that "everything I do is essentially to help myself"... So, if others looked at me, they might say I'm not selfish at all. The common idea of selfish might look at me and say otherwise, since I DO do other things for people... but that doesn't mean I'm not also doing it for myself. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I do things because I want to, not because somebody else wants me to. And in that regard, I'm selfish.

You are absolutely correct, although I wasn't asking if you are selfish, but how selfish. I'm curious to see how others measure themselves in terms of selfishness, there's always interesting answers when this question gets asked.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
You are absolutely correct, although I wasn't asking if you are selfish, but how selfish. I'm curious to see how others measure themselves in terms of selfishness, there's always interesting answers when this question gets asked.

um...
Akuhime-sama said:
Yes, very much so
Isn't that a degree of "how much"? xD

My post was kind of a lengthy explanation I guess of "It depends on how you look at it."
The way I see it, everything everybody does, is in some benefit to themselves. (whether they are aware of it or not)
So, going off of that, I'm very selfish. But hey, it's Nature. Everything in Nature is looking out for number 1. It's the best way to survive.
As humans, we've just adapted it into various different things, as our technology increases.

Fig

The Altruist
I will divide this post into the three sections that this thread focus on. Though the three concepts can be connected to a degree, I do believe that each one should be tackled separately simply because they can alter from one another.

Hateful

Am I hateful to another being? No. May I sound like I am? It's possible given that the person may misinterpret to what I was saying in the context. I personally don't believe that I am hateful towards others because I do believe in second chances, though I could only given so many chances to people for it is their choice to redeem themselves or not. Now I have always accepted that I'm not always going to make others happy and in the process it would me miserable for never being able to achieve that goal, however, I do not hate people for what or who they are. Perhaps I could dislike them for having a negative personality or simply just being a negative person in general, but I can't hate on them. It takes a lot for me to use the word hate, and probably the only time I will use the word is when I can't possibly achieve my goal at the time I wanted but that's why I keep striving for my goal until I finally achieved that goal.

Biased

It really depends on the context of the discussion. If it was in a debate or argument, I would make sure that I keep away from being biased as close as possible. However, whether you like it or not I do believe that everyone to a degree is biased in some form. We as humans are always going to biased to a degree whether we notice it or not. In many aspects of life, we are all going to be biased based on what we believe is right for us though when it comes to discussion or debates, it is usually wise to try to be or sound biased to avoid being told that we are one-sided. With that said, everyone is entitled to their opinions which makes them biased subconsciously, but as long as we don't come off as being biased in serious discussions or debates, I believe there shouldn't be a problem. In discussions, people be entitled to their opinion and that's fine, as long as you are open to hear what the other side has to say it and be polite about their views, it shouldn't be that hard of a problem.

Selfishness

Again, similar to how being biased with something, technically speaking everyone is selfish to their rights. However, it is all of a matter of just how far one goes to achieve that goal or dream. In that case, I am sorta selfish when it comes to achieve a specific goal. I want to be the best in what I want to personally achieve and no one will stop me from reaching that goal. Materially wise, I am not selfish. If you were able to be there right next to me, you will notice that I will share my things, thoughts, and time with others if they ask for it. I personally believe that allowing yourself to share yourself with others, you will be stronger connections with the people that you interact with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom