• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Has Growing Up Impacted Your Gaming?

My parents did not have money for me to engage in as expensive a hobby as gaming when I was growing up, but my first PC (an OG pentium with a 1gb hard drive :shrugs:) could at least run an SNES and SEGA Genesis Emulator, so the first game I got really invested in was Streets of Rage 2, and then I later fell in love with Phantasy Star 4.

I later got a laptop as a gift from one of my friends, and it could play things like GTA San Andreas and Morrowind, which was absolutely grand, and when I could do my first summer job at the age of 16, I saved up for a PS3, and immediately got lost in Assassin's Creed 2 and Red Dead Redemption when that came out. It was also around this time that I got the original Samsung Galaxy S, and downloaded a Nintendo 64 emulator for it, on which the first game I installed was Ocarina of TIme. :D

Ever since I graduated high school, though, I find that I just do not often have the time for open-world games anymore. This was true back in university, and is doubly true since I graduated university and started doing a full-time job. These days, the only thing I can consistently fit into my schedule is Overwatch.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
I find myself not playing games as much, now that I've got a job, college, and other hobbies to balance. I also tend to stick to fighting games a lot more now, playing those with my friends when we hang out. Of course, I always find myself picking up some other genres during my spare time too, but I usually end up dropping them after a while.

A Link In Time

Break the Ice!
ZD Legend
I've had a revival of playing games these past few years. From 2009-2012 is when I lost interest in gaming. I often talked about it more on forums like this than actually playing games.

But, ever since 2013, I've gradually been getting more and more into gaming. Right now, I'd say I spend 2 hours a night on gaming if I have time. More on Friday and Saturday nights.

Having money of my own nowadays also helps. My parents were always super stringy about buying games, so I never owned too many as a kid. Now I've branched out more in my gaming tastes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom