• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How exactly does Link "consume" heart containers.

• Thread starter Deleted member 84722
  • Start date

Tibari

Rinkuji
In my opinion Heart Containers are relics which grant Link a better resistance when absorbed, as an invisible armor. The number of hearts on the screen would just be for players to be aware of this armor state, with the 3 first hearts representing the initial resistance of Link.

Links heart grows one size with every heart container aquired.

Actually, remember that heart container formed by the love of yeta and...(blanking on her husbands name) well thats a unique way to create a heart container. If we could find the similarities between that situation and the heart containers formed after a bosses defeat we can find out what they are.

It's an interesting concept I've never questioned it before now, but it has engaged my curiosity. Magic absorption seems like the easiest explanation but that also seems like a bit of a cop out.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
What if the hearts are a valuable type of berry? Think about it, you find them in grass, or stored in pots. When you eat the berry, it rejuvenates you. In the case of heart containers that bosses drop, these could be containers of highly concentrated "heart juice." That's just my idea...

Unfortunately, it's not really an analog for anything in our reality, so I doubt there'll be a satisfactory answer. However, the closest I can come up with is simply "experience". Getting a heart container, or a piece of one, generally requires some sort of skill in the game. The learning that Link undergoes through the course of his adventures is basically just put in the game as these heart containers. I don't know, hope that makes sense.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
It's his triforce of courage doing the work. It absorbs the life-force of the heart pieces/containers. That's also why no one else will take on the final bosses. Because why would you go for all that trouble if you can't even use the prize?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom