• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How exactly did Link stop Ganondorf in OoT?

Link defeats Ganon goes back and then accuses Ganondorf before Zelda meets young Link and thus OOT's events never occur in this timeline and Link tells the would be sages their heritage. They excecute Ganondorf and peace reigns Hyrule and link is'nt needed any more goes and causes the events of MM and when he comes back he's forgotten and no one cares about some hero of time causing him to end up an angry spirit who the goddeses punish by letting him stay alive as a shade of what he once was and is exiled to the Twilight Realm

Makes sense considering the Timeline placement

I can accept the notion that maybe Link went back in time and took away the Spiritual Stones, as to not open the Door of Time, not let Ganondorf have the Triforce, etc.
But if that is the case, then why couldn't he have done that as soon as he got to the future? No need to go collect the medallions and save Hyrule in the now non-existent future.

Pull out the Master Sword. Walk out the door. Everything is ruined.
"Oh. Whoops."
Go back in time, never open the door.
The end.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I can accept the notion that maybe Link went back in time and took away the Spiritual Stones, as to not open the Door of Time, not let Ganondorf have the Triforce, etc.
But if that is the case, then why couldn't he have done that as soon as he got to the future? No need to go collect the medallions and save Hyrule in the now non-existent future.

Pull out the Master Sword. Walk out the door. Everything is ruined.
"Oh. Whoops."
Go back in time, never open the door.
The end.
Because the Master Sword would only bring him back to the moment he first pulled it out, after Ganondorf had already taken over. At the end, when Zelda - the Sage of Time - played the Ocarina, she used it to send him back to before he met her, about the time he left the Kokiri Forest. So he couldn't change anything until then.

Because the Master Sword would only bring him back to the moment he first pulled it out, after Ganondorf had already taken over. At the end, when Zelda - the Sage of Time - played the Ocarina, she used it to send him back to before he met her, about the time he left the Kokiri Forest. So he couldn't change anything until then.
I figured it was the fact that he no longer held the Ocarina of Time, which sent him back, and didn't allow him to return to the future.
But in that case, couldn't she have just done that sooner? I don't recall a moment of clarity, where she realizes that she's the Sage of Time. It seemed like she was just aware.

I figured it was the fact that he no longer held the Ocarina of Time, which sent him back, and didn't allow him to return to the future.
But in that case, couldn't she have just done that sooner? I don't recall a moment of clarity, where she realizes that she's the Sage of Time. It seemed like she was just aware.
I wish oot had you going back in time to fight ganandorf as a child at the drawbridge when he is chasing zelda

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Her first goal was saving the present. She sent Link back as a reward, and didn't expect him to change the course of history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom